[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - The Strokes

The Strokes

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

The Strokes

Postby Adam » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:20 pm

I missed the last bus
I'll take the next train
I try but you see
it's hard to explain
I say the right things
but act the wrong way
I like it right here
but I cannot stay
Last edited by Adam on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
down

Postby Amsoms » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:28 pm

My mom likes them.\r\nI have been thinking off looking at their new album.\r\nBut I think I've decided not to.
Amsoms
soft rock star

Postby repinS » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:41 pm

I bought their current album on impulse.\r\n\r\nI've listened to it all the way through about once. Meh.
repinS
rock me now

Postby jonzey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:32 pm

Nothin' but blue skies...
jonzey
satellite mind

Postby melly_123 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:57 am

All is full of love.
melly_123
hustle rose

Postby Adam » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:50 pm

I got First Impressions of Earth the day it came out, they had a limited editon version at HMV & they gave me a free T-Shirt, which was cool. I agree with repinS, overall the album is, meh. I always liked thier up-tempo stuff, Last Nite, 12:51, Modern Age etc.. & there are too many slow ones on the new CD. \r\n\r\nI don't have the CD's for Is This It or Room On Fire, I figure since I already have the MP3's, I'll wait for some collectors set or something for those.
Adam
down

Postby sonorific » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:41 pm

I gave in to the Strokes a little while after Room on Fire came out, and I really liked that record. As for their latest, I think I like the first half, but the second half...not so much.\r\n\r\nI went to see them when they came through town in May. They put on a good show. It just felt like good ol' drunken rock n' roll, and I like that.
sonorific
monster hospital

Postby melly_123 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:36 pm

All is full of love.
melly_123
hustle rose

Postby jonzey » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:13 pm

Nothin' but blue skies...
jonzey
satellite mind

Postby rockydoll » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:47 pm

i love them! they have a very good "son" (sorry i'm french and i don't speak english very very good so use a traductor for the word "son")\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nLast night she said oh baby i feel so down... :wink:
U N D E R G R O U N D
rockydoll
wet blanket

Postby melly_123 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:32 pm

All is full of love.
melly_123
hustle rose

Postby melly_123 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:19 pm

All is full of love.
melly_123
hustle rose

Re: The Strokes

Postby Adam » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:24 am

They're back.

New album has been in the works for a while, last I heard it will be out early 2011.

At the moment I'm looking up how much it would cost to go to Chicago for the one day just to see them at lollapalooza. It would be an adventure..
Adam
down

Postby nakuu » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:17 am

Take it or Leave it (Live at Isle of Wright)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvywfbY ... r_embedded

They played a secret show in London but there's very few high quality videos of that show since it was really packed and it was a small venue.

Really stoked that they're finally touring again...
nakuu
empty

Postby karaelizabeth » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:00 am

I love them...aaand I get to see them next month along with Metric and The Arcade Fire and other people at Lollapalooza :D
karaelizabeth
police/private

Next

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff