[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Official STARS Thread!

Official STARS Thread!

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Official STARS Thread!

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun May 27, 2012 5:39 pm

The new album is done. Suddenly I've stopped caring about Synthetica.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Sun May 27, 2012 5:48 pm

johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun May 27, 2012 6:05 pm

The Black House The Blue Sky doesn't sound like a Stars album at all; it would have been a terrible name. It sounds like some lousy album that gets featured on a Pitchfork playlist.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Sun May 27, 2012 6:08 pm

johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun May 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Petite Mort is still one of my all time favourite songs and it wouldn't have fit on SYOF at all. Black House on The Five Ghosts would have fit even worse. Even Opinions Vs. The Sun would have worked better. That's what B-sides and companion EP's are for.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Sun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm

They really do need some kind of a compilation album, Petite Mort needs to see the light of day along with the lovely studio incarnate of Division and Why I Want To Save You. I remember asking Torquil about that and he started rambling about all his plans, about the new DCS and Memphis that eventually saw release and then about the Bedroom movie (that became the movie for the new album) and then about a "compilation" album which I guess turned into The Bedroom Demos. I will not deny it, those demos are deadly and Bedroom is probably my favorite Stars album, but I'm still expecting that rarities compilation album. It's not like Gangster's Apprentice will get the Julian Brown treatment and find its way onto Poor Old England...
johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 pm

@torquilcampbell:

"the snow just keeps on falling in hawaii and all stations west, find someone close and hold them like you care.
this is a race to the end and i don't intend to win it, baby. you go ahead, i'm gonna meet you there...
B.A.D used to talk of relativity; that was way back when everyone was scared.
Now that we're deep inside the wires, there's a place to hide; you can do things they would have never dared...so don't be scared...
they will do things we never dared...

"A warm ovation please for the dude who sold us ecstasy; he's building homes now in the new third world.
We got a rock DJ, we got a total fucking alcoholic, we got a thing they call a cybergirl.

"Set your mind on wide, fall apart before they catch you baby; and never be just what they want you to be.
Now that you've grown so wise, use that head and stop to think a little. Just 'cause you're crazy doesn't mean that you're free.
What would you say if i fell apart? would you bring me back? What would you say if i fell apart? would you bring me back?"

It's safe to say these are lyrics right? I know I'm not the only one creaming myself over this... looking at you Gerard...
johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:47 pm

The first one still sounds like Memphis lyrics to me, but yeah, they're probably lyrics. Torq's teasing an announcement for tomorrow.
GERARDAMO

Postby AC » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:18 am

This thread will soon go haywire as news of the new album takes Stars in a very... Canadian... direction. And, as usual, Gerard can wish he knew things while he eats my garbage. :D (And abuses his moderator powers, which if he tries again, he will regret.)
Last edited by AC on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AC
fanfare

Postby johnonymous » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:32 am

THE NORTH THE NORTH JSJFSAKHFA;LJFDF;FFSFD;KJRF

1. The Theory Of Relativity
2. Backlines
3. The North
4. Hold On When You Get Love And Let Go When You Give It
5. Through The Mines
6. Do You Want To Die Together?
7. Lights Changing Colour
8. The Loose Ends Will Make Knots
9. A Song Is A Weapon
10. Progress
11. The 400
12. Walls

You weren't kidding when you said it's very... Canadian. It doesn't sound political at all, but I guess someone has to show some love for the country... Is it possible that either To The Better Ones or Holes became one of these songs?
johnonymous
empty

Postby parkthatcar » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:05 am

I'm liking the art direction.

What does everyone think of ?
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby Farmer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am

The cover looks like it was influenced by some radical 60s architectural movement :wink:
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby johnonymous » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:03 am

johnonymous
empty

Postby onthesly-girl » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:20 am

artwork is just montreal lol the picture they've got on their website right now is the uh olympic housing building in mtl !

i dislike the new song ;_;
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:28 am

I can't even form coherent sentences write now.
GERARDAMO

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff