[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Official STARS Thread!

Official STARS Thread!

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Official STARS Thread!

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Oh no! That's such a super awesome necklace! They were still selling some during their tour last year, so they might have a handful left lying around somewhere. I hope you get that straightened out :(
GERARDAMO

Postby GERARDAMO » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:44 am

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee video for I Want The Lights On After Dark.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/07/05/memph ... ark-video/

It's just 4 minutes of my favourite song and my favourite face. I couldn't ask for anything more.
GERARDAMO

Postby AC » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Okay, that video is much more acceptable. I could've done without the $2 Photoshop effects, but I'll definitely take that over the nonsense, waste-of-time-and-money videos for "Changes" and "We Don't Want Your Body".
AC
fanfare

Postby GERARDAMO » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:10 am

Stars are doing a mini-tour this October and playing some new songs! (Which happens to be shortly after I move to New York, so I'll be seeing them near Brooklyn ^_^)

And the last video from The Five Ghosts is coming in September. I'm a little sad to see this album go. It's definitely my favourite Stars record since Nightsongs.
GERARDAMO

Postby dwigt » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:21 pm

It's kind of my favorite too, but I don't think it translates as well live. Stars were always one of my favorite live bands and both shows I saw on TFG tour were, sadly, super boring. I don't know what it was that made the shows so "meh." The lack of Amy rocking out on guitar? Her pregnancy the second time around? (That second show flat-out sucked. It seemed like she was being extra cautious or something.) I hate admitting this! I really hope next time they come through I love 'em as much as I did on their other tours. :)
D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Whaaaaaa? I loved that second leg of The Five Ghosts tour. The setlist was freaking huge... AND THEY PLAYED THE FUCKING COMEBACK! I just wish that I could've seen Winter Bones. (And maybe The Last Song Ever Written. That was my favourite song on the album, but it totally felt like an album piece.)
GERARDAMO

Postby onthesly-girl » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:10 am

when amy was super-preggers at the bss show in toronto this past december she was SO CUTE and jumpy and danced all around.
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby AC » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:56 pm

AC
fanfare

Postby bluelight » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:23 pm

The Last Song Ever Written is my favourite song from the album as well!

I might be insane but it sounded as if the percussion from the studio TFG recordings was done by a drum machine.
bluelight
butcher

Postby AC » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:55 pm

AC
fanfare

Postby dwigt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:57 pm

D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:14 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby dwigt » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:21 am

Nope, it was one of the regular shows in October. Glad you got to see multiple great shows from them, but Chicago wasn't one of them.
D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby MetricGnome » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:15 pm

They added a tiny club show in Vancouver the Thursday before Stars/Metric play Squamish festival on Saturday August 20th.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby portsinger » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm back and I have just one question: who the fuck is "Torque"?
portsinger
butcher

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff