[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Official STARS Thread!

Official STARS Thread!

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Official STARS Thread!

Postby GERARDAMO » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Oh my god I'm listening to the soundcheck they're digging up so many old songs that I never thought would get played again. I'm talking stuff from The Comeback old.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:45 am

Yes, but will they ever play Liar?
johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 am

They played Tru and it was one if the best songs of the night. That's good enough for me.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:44 pm

http://www.bandpage.com/starsstars/experiences

Passing this along to those of you that haven't seen this yet. Apparently the Sit-In On Recording Session option was or will be pulled.
johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Yeah all the shit I wanted got pulled so what even is the point.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:09 pm

johnonymous
empty

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:33 am

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby dwigt » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:52 pm

http://do312.com/event/2013/03/23/stars ... dio-taping

I RSVP'd. Not going to their show Saturday night but thought I might as well enter for this. Thought other Chicagoans might like to know (if they didn't already). :)
D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby johnonymous » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:59 am

I love Stars. Period.

Also they're selling very limited handmade copies of Cold Hands Warm Heart at the merchandise tables. Get those while supplies last.

Did they bring two opening acts to more of their shows? I mean I loved Said The Whale and Milo Greene was good, but we missed Progress, Through The Mines, Light Changing Colour, Do You Want To Die Together... I was surprised by how that flew by me and didn't realize until I got home. Great show regardless.

Have they played Loose Ends at all yet?
johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Yeah, they played it at the sex show in New York
GERARDAMO

Postby AC » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:58 pm

And in Montreal and Toronto.
AC
fanfare

Postby johnonymous » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 am

Huh. They skipped over a lot of North material. No Progress, Lights Changing, Die Together, Mines, Loose Ends. I don't expect them to pull out the whole album, but they cut their set short at 20 songs. If I could have squeezed in one more of those, it'd be Progress. Would have gladly picked that over Fixed... I really enjoy that one but I don't think it's ever sounded right live. TFG stuff overall is very strong live, yet Fixed just falls flat.

Hold On When You Get Love And Let Go When You Give It should be a permanent staple of the set, it was easily the biggest highlight. The encore was great too, Amy came back out and did My Favourite Book, the others slowly trickled out onto the stage. One More Night was good too, Amy held the microphone down to a girl in the audience: "The end should be a good one," "OH GOD NO!" The 400 was an even better last song than I expected. Regardless of the length of their set it was a great show, I can't complain.
johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 am

Yeah, Through The Mines is the only song from The North that they're not playing this tour, which is too bad. It's the best song on the album, in my opinion. It's certainly better than Progress. But then so is every other Stars song.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 pm

But that is Seligman's shining moment! I'm not very keen on Backlines... It feels like the weak link on the album, two or three good ideas for songs crushed into two minutes.

I still think Walls is the best. Especially that final minute and a half.
johnonymous
empty

Postby Anson » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:39 am

That's to bad they might not play 'Die Together', when I see them next week.
Violent or Krush would be sweet. But It's not a Sex or Death show, so I guessing there probably won't be any super early, Comeback-era stuff, hey?
It's kinda cool how Said The Wale is up for the same Juno as Stars (and Metric, of course).
I'm looking forward to seeing them, they're pretty good.

'Alternative Album of the Year'
Anson
dr. blind

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff