[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Cherry Popping In Philadelphia

Cherry Popping In Philadelphia

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Cherry Popping In Philadelphia

Postby GERARDAMO » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Alright, so I figured I might as well make a post about this. I already told the prequel to this story in the North American Tour thread (I'm pretty sure everyone already read it though, and I really appreciated the sympathy :) ) Anyway, I ended up going to Philadelphia yesterday (And I live in Syracuse! It was like a 6 hour drive!) to see the last show of the Fantasies tour. It was AMAZING! There were some people there who said they had gone to NYC, DC, and the Philly show and they liked the Philly show best, so I was excited to have been at that one. The sound quality was awesome, and all of the bands were really excited to be there. (I don't even like Sebastian Granger and the show was really exciting.) Emily was jumping around the whole show and was all smiles. (As was I :P) But yeah, this was my first Metric show, and there definitely wasn't a dull moment. Even Front Row was exciting, and I was surprised at how great it sounded live. I was in line for like 4 hours to be first and managed to grab a spot front row center. (My sister came with me and took videos of most of the songs. I'm uploading them right now.)

Anyway, the best part of the whole experience was...

I MET EMILY! :D

I was shaking the whole time. My mom was walking around the venue looking for a place to buy soda and saw the band standing in an alley and walked over to see if it was them. She said she thought it wasn't, but I apparently talk about Emily's legs too much and she saw her leggings and called me to have me run over to see if it was her, and it was! We told her my New York story and she seemed really surprised that we went all the way to Philly. (She called my mom SuperMom.) I tried talking to her, but I had a doofy smile the whole time and couldn't really manage to say anything. (I.E. "So what's your name?" "G-G- hehehehe... Gerard." "Well, it's nice to meet your, Gerard." "Hehehehehe... hehe... W-Well... I-It's nicer to meet you!")

I got to see them after the show, too. There were a lot of people waiting back behind the venue though. It was Emily, Josh, and Jimmy and they stopped to talk with all of us for a few minutes. I wanted to get my picture with the whole band, but they wouldn't let me because I got one with Emily earlier and they were kinda in a rush. I'm still laughing about it, though. And Emily remembered my name!
(Me: "Could I get a picture with all of you guys?
Emily: "Haha, you already got one, Gerard!"
Josh: "Yeah, Gerard, you already got one!")
At which point I started blushing a lot and didn't really mind that I didn't get a picture.

We stuck around a little bit longer and saw Joules come out to the bus, and he stopped and I got to talk with him for a while about the tour and where they were going next and how they were really excited to be playing in Europe and Australia, and how they really just wanted to sleep for the next two days.

So yeah, couldn't have picked a better show to see for my first Metric concert :D

I'll post up the videos that I got from front row... Eventually. I'm too busy spamming my trip everywhere else :P
GERARDAMO

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Bastard.
Matt
succexy

Postby StephenM UK » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Great report and photos :D

I bet you've still got that smile on your face even now.
StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby jayb » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:06 pm

Jealous! I hopehopehope they do another US tour after Australia.
get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby Mattie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:13 pm

God, I want to meet Emily. She's such a badass and so lovely on stage I can't imagine what it would be like to meet her in person. As for another US tour, on Myspace they told me they would be in the fall, so hopefully we'll see them again. Gerard, you're adorable. I would had been shaking too. Too bad you didn't get one with the whole band. But one with Emily is more than what anyone else here can (most likely) say!
Mattie
raw sugar

Postby onthesly-girl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:26 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby GERARDAMO » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:03 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby TerraTempus25 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby Matt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Matt