[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Metric Acoustic shows

Metric Acoustic shows

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:56 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby the_borderline » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 pm

the_borderline
down

Postby Ralph » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Ralph
collect call

Postby parkthatcar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:56 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby scnadams » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Set list from the Calgary show was as follows:

1. Gold Guns Girls
2. Help, I'm Alive
3. Sick Muse
4. Twilight Galaxy
5. Satellite Mind
6. Front Row
7. Nobody Home
8. Anthems For a 17 Year-Old Girl
9. Gimme Sympathy
10. Live It Out

I almost fucking pissed myself when they started playing Anthems, it was so beautiful. Emily had loooooads of stage banter, and most everyone was laughing the entire time. The only annoying thing is that the woman seated behind me kept snorting really loudly. What else, it was all a blur. I'm pretty sure that she started crying a little bit during Help, I'm Alive, but alas, she was wearing her sunglasses.
Also, aaaahahaha. Okay. My brother and I left our town at 12 today, I skipped my afternoon classes so that we'd be able to find the place in enough time, and hopefully get good seats since it was general admission. We ended up getting lost by turning the wrong way on Memorial, and it was a big mess in general. It was blizzarding. Anyway, we get into the Grand Theatre, and this woman bitches us out for being early, bitches us out for standing in the lobby, bitches us out for SITTING in the lobby, so then finally she's like "Just go into the restaurant." The second we turn the corner into the restaurant area, there's Emily and Jimmy, ordering their lunch. I didn't know how to react. They were the only people besides us in the restaurant, and we ended up sitting next to them. I met with them both, and she signed my drawing. She said that it was beautiful, and since I had handed her a pen to sign it with, she's like "I feel like I should be signing it with something better than a blue pen." Our waitress comes running over announcing that she has a sharpie, and that was that. Also, Jimmy said that it was amazing, and he seemed sincere. c: I keep forgetting things and wording them funny, so please accept my apology for the non-linear pattern this post is following.

scnadams
down

Postby Sophie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:05 am

Sophie
police/private

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:07 am

That's really cool that you got to meet them having lunch! I'm sincerely jealous.
GERARDAMO

Postby marktron » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:16 am

marktron
dr. blind

Postby nuvahk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:17 am

nuvahk
monster hospital

Postby the_borderline » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:15 am

the_borderline
down

Postby marktron » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:52 am

marktron
dr. blind

Postby marktron » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:47 am

marktron
dr. blind

Postby scnadams » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:27 pm

Thank you so much to Sophie, LeahJane, Gerardmo, marktron, and nuvahk. I appreciate your kind words for my drawing, and just for being so kind. c:

Nuvahk: I wish you would have come inside!! My brother and I were at the front of the barricade, I would have let you jump the line with us. I was looking for your afro (based on your last.fm photo) and didn't see you at all. Also it sucks that you waited that long to be shut out like that. Next time for sure, you'll have to meet her. :c

marktron: Thanks for the news! I hope that someone can rip the stream of the show if they don't make it available as a download. On a side note, the guy sitting two seats to my right was recording the Calgary show. I don't know if it will end up uploaded or not.

One last thing is that when I walked into the restaurant, Emily was doing a phone interview. I'm pretty certain it was for bixo.com or something of the like, since by the end of the call she did a radio / broadcast tag for it. "Bixo? B as in bunny? Alright. *pause* Hey this is Emily and you're listening to bixo.com"

[EDIT] There were people scalping tickets on Kijiji for $150. Who does that? When you win the tickets from a radio station for free, I don't see how they hold that kind of value. And what kind of person would take in $150 of profit when all of the proceeds would otherwise to go a deserving charity; The Doorway. It makes me feel sick.
scnadams
down

Postby marktron » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:17 pm

marktron
dr. blind

Postby Wyder » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 pm

I just got back from the Vancouver show. SO GOOD! She kept looking and smiling at me because I was like the only person singing along to every song. I got a call today at 2:30 and it was Peter Schaad from the Peak and he had ONE ticket for me. I drove my boat across from my cabin, taxied to the ferry, came back to Vancouver, and then bussed downtown to meet my dad who had my ticket he picked up for me. I got to the Media club at around 6:15 and there was about 25 people. I am 17, so I got there, and I called Peter who works at the Peak because I wanted to thank him. He had told me that it was 19+ but they probably wouldn't ID. He said to find the executive person of The Peak, Tamara. I found her, she's a local celebrity. I introduced myself and she said she knew all about me. She then took me out of line, and I got to meet like half of the broadcasters and hosts. I helped them put posters over windows because Metric wanted it "dark and intimate". When we were done, they opened the doors and I noticed the bouncer guy checking ID's. I was like "FUCK!" but then Tamara and all the hosts were like, "c'mon Alex!" and I got to go in with them and the bouncer stopped the line and let us in. No check of ID! Amazing. I got front row! After the concert, she shook my hand first then everyone else up front. I also got to shake Jimmy's hand. After that, they literally walked out the door into a waiting car to go to Whistler. I jumped on stage and grabbed Emily's set list! PERFECT
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

PreviousNext

Return to Live Flesh