[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Knives promo disc?

Knives promo disc?

Everything...Knives Don't Have Your Back and more!

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Knives promo disc?

Postby Travisx2112 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:48 am

I bought a Knives Dont Have Your Back promo disc off of eBay this morning and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some info on it?

Here's the info from the eBay bid. Is it real or did I get ripped off? What's it for? I'm assuming radio stations and the like, and released before the record went out to the general public?

"This is the RARE 2006 release from EMILY HAINES.

This item is a Limited Advance CD and contains 11 tracks.

Issued without artwork / CD only.

***Reference Disc***

***Not Available In Stores!***"
Travisx2112
fanfare

Re: Knives promo disc?

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed May 26, 2010 5:56 pm

That's exactly what it is. I've never understood the point in buying them, in that they're essentially the album minus any artwork. I was considering buying that if it had City Of Night on it, but it doesn't appear to.
GERARDAMO

Postby Travisx2112 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks for the clarification! :)
Travisx2112
fanfare

Postby MetricGnome » Thu May 27, 2010 11:00 am

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Catatonic » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby dwigt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:36 pm

I don't know, I'd say Gerard's right. They usually do, and sometimes if you're lucky, they'll have special mixes or artwork. A good chunk of the promos we get are in a plastic sleeve with no artwork at all. Or they have a single piece of paper with the artwork on the front and some notes on the inside (that's how Jason Collett's and the Mynabirds were).
D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby Sophie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:21 pm

I have a promo copy of Knives that the management sent me before its release, and it's just a CD in a carton cover... nothing amazing about it!

Though I think I have the european version of the promo disc, so there are more songs on it, but because of that I don't think the versions of the songs are different or have a different mixing! I haven't listened to it in years actually as I have my "real" Knives record!
Sophie
police/private

Postby Catatonic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Return to Emily Haines + The Soft Skeleton