[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Bush Hall - 2nd June

Bush Hall - 2nd June

Everything...Knives Don't Have Your Back and more!

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Bush Hall - 2nd June

Postby StephenM UK » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:35 pm

StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby val_zero » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:08 pm

val_zero
succexy

Postby Delectability » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:08 pm

Delectability
hustle rose

Postby SoulPhoenix » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:15 pm

SoulPhoenix
hustle rose

Postby val_zero » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:54 pm

And while I'm ranting, you know what else I think the artists don't tend to get? That they're only part of the equation. The main part, but still. Not all of it.

There's three relationships at work at any show. The artist's with their audience, the audience's with the artist, and then the audience's with the rest of the audience. To the artist, from the stage, the audience is one single entity. To the folks down there in the pit, it's just a bunch of other people.

When your standing so close to somebody that you're getting their sweat on you and you don't care, you're more than strangers. You know why people love Klaxons? Because they get to shout "OoooOOOOooooOOOOWooh - OH!" choruses with several thousand other people and share glowsticks with each other. An audience is a community. A temporary one that isn't quite like any other but that's what it is if the artist is doing their thing correctly. And maybe your audience of five hundred people all go in five hundred completely different directions afterwards and never interact on any level ever again, but it's unlikely. Clearly, if they're all grooving at the same show, then they've got wavelengths in common. There's a Metric picnic happening this summer, for Christ's sake.

What was my point? Oh yeah. When an Artist complains about bloggers or something, it feels like they don't entirely understand that relationship. They own that stage, yes. They brought the audience together, yes, and yes they have the power to make that audience very happy. But they are not part of the audience. They aren't part of that community, even if they are it's focus. It's their job to make the audience groove with them, but half the battle is making the audience groove with each other first. They should be trying to promote that sense of community any opportunity they get.

I know I've been on a buzz for them lately, but I don't know of any band who understands audiences quite like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8QYnxIjHWg
Last edited by val_zero on Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
val_zero
succexy

Postby SoulPhoenix » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:06 pm

:lol: :lol:

Did i ever mention that i love you Val? LOL
SoulPhoenix
hustle rose

Postby a girl » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:32 am

It was a great show!

It was my first time at Bush Hall and the atmosphere was surreal! It was completely different from a Metric gig and it was a good surprise!
Emily is an extraordinary woman with an amazing voice. I love her! and I know I'm not the only one :D

Crowd surf off a cliff is my favourite song...

Did anyone take pictures? Post please!
a girl
wet blanket

Postby StephenM UK » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:47 am

Val, I'll pretty much agree with all of what you posted (and I will get the Fields videos online I promise) :D

Anyway, back to last night - She finishes a song and then says that during her solo gigs she think of inappropriate things but couldn't tell us because of bloggers and how things she says in London would have to work everywhere else in the world. However it seemed to me to be directed at an ex-boyfriend of hers and how in another era he'd be a loser in bar moaning about his ex-girlfriend but now he's a loser in a bar with a laptop blogging to the whole planet.

What this had to do with people in the general audience I don't know? Maybe she should be more careful who she sleeps with??

Anyway she finally said what she'd been thinking - She'd looked at her drink (cider maybe??) and said that the colour of it reminded her of a urine sample she once gave??

I did take some photos but they'll be gash as always but I'll post them later :D
StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby SoulPhoenix » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:35 am

SoulPhoenix
hustle rose

Postby StephenM UK » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:44 am

StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby hotairballoonpilot » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:04 am

hotairballoonpilot
monster hospital

Postby SoulPhoenix » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:40 am

SoulPhoenix
hustle rose

Postby Van. » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:09 pm

so quiet. another wasted night. \r\nexhale. another wasted breath.
Van.
parkdale

Postby hotairballoonpilot » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:10 pm

hotairballoonpilot
monster hospital

Postby Lorne » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:22 am

Lorne
wet blanket

Next

Return to Emily Haines + The Soft Skeleton