[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Emily (Solo) Random Thoughts

Emily (Solo) Random Thoughts

Everything...Knives Don't Have Your Back and more!

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby Sophie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:46 am

It's from SPEX, a german magazine. I saw that yesterday on Emily's myspace :D there is the article with the picture but...well it's german :lol:
Sophie
police/private

Postby nikoline » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:14 am

She talks about Paul Haines being her biggest inspiration and the work with "Secret Carnival Workers", Metric being an outlet for "melancholy sung with positive energy" and the magazine decribes Knives as being about loneliness and suicide.

Oh, and according to this piece, she's born in 1974.
nikoline
glass ceiling

Postby Ralph » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:49 pm

Ralph
collect call

Postby val_zero » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:44 pm

Crucifixion time!
val_zero
succexy

Postby Delectability » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:10 am

Never!

I always thought she was born in '75.
Delectability
hustle rose

Postby Delectability » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:09 pm

Delectability
hustle rose

Postby nikoline » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:49 pm

nikoline
glass ceiling

Postby Ralph » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:58 pm

Ralph
collect call

Postby jonzey » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Nothin' but blue skies...
jonzey
satellite mind

Postby Ralph » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:29 pm

Ralph
collect call

Postby SoulPhoenix » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:11 pm

SoulPhoenix
hustle rose

Postby Van. » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:39 pm

so quiet. another wasted night. \r\nexhale. another wasted breath.
Van.
parkdale

Postby jonzey » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 pm

haha, that should be interesting. Stu Berman runs in a circle that will rundown Metric at any given opportunity. Which is ironic since Metric gave his band one of the primo opening slots at the Mod Club residency a few years ago.

I hope Emily's in a real foul mood for this, has potential!!
Nothin' but blue skies...
jonzey
satellite mind

Postby Sophie » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:01 am

Sophie
police/private

Postby Delectability » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Okay, so I so wish I knew about the Our Hell vid before - I haven't been on myspace in ages and I haven't been on the forum in ages.

But umm, the interview thingy Sat. night was pretty damn awesome.
I met Mel & Ralph which was pretty sweet! =)
This guy Garry who I met through my friend is in the Our Hell vid - lucky bastard!

The interview though was basically Emily on stage with Stu & this interviewer guy - can't remember his name.
She was asked questions about her father and his influence on her.
Specifically though, he asked more about her father as a writer or whatever he described himself as.

The audience got to ask questions which I leaded off in.
It was honestly pretty sweet as I asked 3 and I thought Em gave pretty awesome answers.

After, there was a book signing in which you could buy the book Secret Carnival Workers if you already didn't own a copy.
She signed and chatted avec you individually which was awesome.

Overall, friggin' awesome day.
I'll upload some pictures later I suppose.
Delectability
hustle rose

PreviousNext

Return to Emily Haines + The Soft Skeleton