[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Emily (Solo) Random Thoughts

Emily (Solo) Random Thoughts

Everything...Knives Don't Have Your Back and more!

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Emily (Solo) Random Thoughts

Postby simplethings » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:38 pm

MTV Music Book Club: Emily Haines of Metric Talks Secret Carnival Workers

simplethings
dr. blind

Postby Farmer » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Gerard you're killing me, that was so great!
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby onthesly-girl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Has the book done well?

One of the things I realized in doing it was I’m not going to suddenly make an obscure avant-garde poet into a pop star. He didn’t want that and his whole life was about the opposite of that. So it was more about just doing justice to that and continuing his way of doing things, while making it available to people. We actually sell it on tour as part of the Metric merchandise. They actually sell really well. People seem really drawn to them and I’ve had a couple really amazing moments of having teenage boys quotes lines to me from it.

Gerard, you're definitley one of those teenage boys. ;P

http://blog.mtvmusic.com/2010/04/26/mtv ... l-workers/
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby TerraTempus25 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:44 pm

^That's TOTALLY about Gerard! Lucky bastard! :P
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby GERARDAMO » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Hehe... The only one I remember giving her a specific quote from was Don't Tell Me To Shut Up :P
GERARDAMO

Postby karaelizabeth » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:50 am

karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby Wyder » Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Aaaaaaaaah the new BSS song with Emily is so good. I missed hearing her voice.
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby EvanEtrics » Sun May 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Okay, I know I should probably have this already, but the Mobile Jam Fest show isn't up on Rob's live archive. Does anyone have the songs to share with me? :D
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby jayb » Mon May 17, 2010 11:51 am

get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby zombievagina » Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 am

jour ma pel BEEF
zombievagina
hustle rose

Postby Catatonic » Tue May 18, 2010 6:05 am

Last edited by Catatonic on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby GERARDAMO » Tue May 18, 2010 10:12 am

Those links don't work for me :(
GERARDAMO

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsW6cImtQa0

Solo Emily in Australia doing Gimme Sympathy with strings. Very cool, great quality.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby parkthatcar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:52 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby EvanEtrics » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Eh... not a big fan, but I'd really love to hear more from this!
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

PreviousNext

Return to Emily Haines + The Soft Skeleton