[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - What musical instruments do Metric used? and What awards ...

What musical instruments do Metric used? and What awards ...

Frequently Asked Metric Questions: check here first for the most commonly asked and answered questions

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:12 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby Scream » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Scream
standing in line

Re: What musical instruments do Metric used? and What awards

Postby Scream » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:13 pm

What keyboard is in the piano case on stage? Is it the old-Emu or is Emilie using something new?
Also, Josh and Jimmy both seem to be using polyphonic DSI Prophet 08s now. Is that correct?
i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Postby al » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 am

Last edited by al on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
metrique
al
standing in line

Postby al » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am

I edited Emily's Wikipedia page and added a section Instruments that might interest someone:

When performing live with her band Metric, Emily Haines sings and plays two synthesizers. Her primary synthesizer is Sequential Circuits Pro-One, which she has played since the band's early years. As secondary synthesizer, she played a Kawai MP9000 in Metric's early years, replaced by E-mu PK-6 Proteus Keys from 2003 to 2011, and followed by Clavia Nord Wave since 2012.

During some Metric live songs, Haines also plays a tambourine or an electric guitar. During Metric acoustic appearances, Haines sings and sometimes plays piano or harmonica, while her band mate James Shaw plays the acoustic guitar.

When performing live as Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton, she sings and plays a piano.

Sequential Circuits Pro-One

Clavia Nord Wave

E-mu PK-6 Proteus Keys

Kawai MP9000

The current Metric live gear is:
Emily: Sequential Circuits Pro One, Clavia Nord Wave, Fender Mustang, tambourine, harmonica
James: Fender Jaguar, Gibson ES?, Gibson SG?, Gibson J-45 acoustic guitar, DSI Poly Evolver
Josh: Fender Precision Bass, DSI Prophet '08
Joules: Yamaha & Remo drumkits

[anyone knows the exact models of James' guitars?]
Last edited by al on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
metrique
al
standing in line

Postby Wyder » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Jimmy's synth is a DSI Poly Evolver
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby Scream » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:25 am

Cool, thanks guys! Got to love the synth/DSI love. :)
Scream
standing in line

Postby al » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 am

metrique
al
standing in line

Postby Scream » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Knew some of that history, but not the Yamaha part! Very cool. 8)
I love watching Metric videos where Emily goes on the occasional synth-love rant, talking about Dave Smith/the Pro-One.
Scream
standing in line

Postby al » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:03 pm

metrique
al
standing in line

Postby Scream » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:03 am

Scream
standing in line

Postby MetricGnome » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:13 pm

http://instagram.com/p/Q6ZRjdwkQZ/

What did she play at the private show in vancouver? None of Emily's exact gear seemed to match the stuff she had at ACL days earlier.

I just find it hard they would rent/borrow gear locally.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Scream » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Hold on, didn't Emily use an E-Mu Vintage Keys keyboard, not the Proteus?
Also, I suspect that maybe she was using the Vintage Keys in Vancouver.
Scream
standing in line

Postby Wyder » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:54 pm

She borrowed gear from my friend's band actually! Rococode (check them out they're awesome!) and Laura was really stoked Emily was using her keyboard.
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby Scream » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 pm

Scream
standing in line

PreviousNext

Return to F.A.Q.