[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - unsolved metric mysteries.

unsolved metric mysteries.

Frequently Asked Metric Questions: check here first for the most commonly asked and answered questions

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby portsinger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:41 pm

ESA does have sports teams and a Phys Ed program like any other school, but it's not the focus of their program, nor is it the focus for most students.
portsinger
butcher

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Sounds like my school XD I do independent study for my PE credit, which consists of me walking a few yards down the street to catch my bus. Also, we don't have a football team :P (Our homecoming this year was the Girls' Home Tennis match)
GERARDAMO

Postby Farmer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:53 pm

Did they win?
Farmer
ending start

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 pm

I don't think so. (I wouldn't know, I, along with the rest of the student body, proceeded to not attend because we just don't care :P)
GERARDAMO

Postby Sophie » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Sophie
police/private

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:20 pm

yay Sophie! It's awesome to know that all those tracks will eventually be released, though saying "the other b-sides" is a tad vague. Maybe some will accompany Black Sheep? In a part two to Plug In/Out. Metric may have taken four years to release an album but all the other goodies kinda make up for it, I guess. Even if they're half a year away..
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Like any of us here don't have The Gates and Waves yet already :P

But maybe this is where we'll see Standing In Line and Joyride? Metric might be able to pull off a B-Sides/Rarities etc. collection at this point.

The Metric Forum: Overanalyzing helps us to love Metric more.
GERARDAMO

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Accordion in Police and the Private?

Postby Scream » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 pm

lol, I've always wondered about this - is that accordion being played during the bridge, and by who? Normally I'd say such a sound in such a song would be out-of-place, but I think Metric's made it work. Besides, I'm so accustomed to it in the song already!
i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Postby Catatonic » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:17 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby Scream » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 pm

I actually find "Waves" really pop-y compared to the rest of Fantasies, but I agree - it could definitely be in there!

There's an impressive vocal range in that song (someone on the forum mentioned that perhaps that's why it's not played live), and good lyrical substance. The song itself has a simple enough chord progression - it's fun to cover on piano. (I have my own acoustic version, but I'd love to hear a real one!)
i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Postby Catatonic » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 am

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:25 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:06 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

PreviousNext