[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - New Song Lyrics

New Song Lyrics

Frequently Asked Metric Questions: check here first for the most commonly asked and answered questions

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:05 pm

Stadium Love

Myspace Hey Play This! October 4, 2007

Wanna met a bet
Will be neck and neck
Taking off the gloves
Spider versus bat
Tiger versus rat
Rabbit versus dove

Wanna make a bet
Odds are neck and neck
Taking off the gloves
Spider versus bat
Tiger versus rat
Owl versus dove

Every living thing pushed into the ring
Fight it out to wow the crowd
Guess you thought that you could just watch
No one's getting out

Ooo, ooo, ooo, we've got stadium love
Ooo, ooo, ooo, we've got stadium love

Wanna make a trade
Cougar for a snake
Wanna fall in love
Wanna make a deal
Angel verses eel
Owl verses dove

Every living thing pushed into the ring
Fight it out to wow the crowd
Guess you thought that you could just watch
No one's getting out

Ooo, ooo, oo, we've got stadium love

Ooo, ooo, oo, stadium love
Ooo...
Last edited by thebrilliantoutcome on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby Mojo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:55 am

Mojo
rock me now

Postby Delectability » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:15 pm

Delectability
hustle rose

Postby Ralph » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:43 am

Ralph
collect call

Postby zombievagina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:25 pm

In Joyride I think it's
if you cover my ears if I cover your eyes
and
the expert back bencher's
as in politics, but that is mostly a guess

I've figured out how to play 99% of this song on bass and I'll post it once I bother to write the tabs.
jour ma pel BEEF
zombievagina
hustle rose

Postby Catatonic » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:07 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:06 pm

the phrase "the expert back benchers predict a decline" seems logical for that part of Joyride.
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby zombievagina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:54 pm

Really? I hear reverse locomotion
jour ma pel BEEF
zombievagina
hustle rose

Postby Delectability » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:59 pm

I hear locomotion.
Delectability
hustle rose

Postby Ralph » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:11 pm

Ralph
collect call

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:27 pm

thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:04 pm

based on the Live on NPR recording of the Hooks, i propose the following amendments to the lyrics:

I was a guest in the kingdom of doom
Making the best of what I never wanted
I have a lot to say when I speak too soon
All your success went to straight to my head

All the finest wines to unwind you
Every way I could, I fine wine-and-dined you
I'm sold; there's no romance without finance
I'm so close to something better left unknown

I can feel it in my bones
Give me sympathy
After all this is gone
Who'd you rather be
The Beatles or The Rolling Stones
Oh, seriously
You gotta make mistakes, you're young
Come on baby, play me something
like she's come undone
like she's come undone

All the way around the world to get around it
Meet me at the gates of Hell, I'm on the guest list
It's too close to be blackmail, but I'll waste it
I'm so close to something better left unknown

I can feel it in my bones
Give me sympathy
After all this is gone
Who'd you rather be
The Beatles or The Rolling Stones
Oh, seriously
You gotta make a place your own
like she's come undone

Didn't know what she was looking for
When she found what she was looking for
It was too late
All she said to me was
Like she's come undone
Like she's come undone

You wear your halo well
But your halo's at your ankles
At your ankles with your panties
Your panties are a pot of gold
Gold at the end of the rainbow
Be careful how you're seen
You mean so much to me
You mean so much to me
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby Sophie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:54 pm

For joyride...okay I'm french but maybe I can vote as I do english and american studies this year uh... I hear Reverse Locomotion, and I'm sure about that !
Sophie
police/private

Postby zombievagina » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:32 pm

See even the French can hear it kitty
jour ma pel BEEF
zombievagina
hustle rose

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:05 am

I don't mean to take credit from MetricGnome for figuring these out, but here are the words from the "new songs on youtube" thread

Up in Flames (July arrangement Lyrics)

What was I thinking? Can't concentrate
It's all too vivid, too close
I hallucinate

What was I going through
When the call got made?
Was I going to be in?

All the good I have done
All the men on the sun
Giving the earth to me
You begin to

'Cause it's all that, I missed it
No sleep, I'm never rested
I've done all I can, uh
I've done all I can, uh

What was I going thru
When the call got made?
Was I going top be in(it? his?)

Ba da da da(several times for a full verse)

'Cause all I did was try
'Cause all I did was try
'Cause all I did was try
But I missed
I'll go up in flames for this
'Cause it's all that, I missed
No Sleep, I'm never rested
I've done all i can, uh
I've done all I can, uh
Don't know where to begin, uh
Don't know where to begin, uh
Ah ah ah ah