[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - A&C FIELD TRIP/FORUM PERKNERK

A&C FIELD TRIP/FORUM PERKNERK

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: A&C FIELD TRIP/FORUM PERKNERK

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:03 am

Looks like Wyder is making the trek to Toronto as part of a cross canada jaunt.
http://www.vmrcoast2coast.com/
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby johnonymous » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:11 pm

http://www.fieldtriplife.com/

Set times are posted, along with the map of the grounds. Looks really good, no conflicting performances for me. I think I'll hit up the food and tents and stuff during Ra Ra Riot and Bloc Party. I'll be running back and forth between tents to catch some of these acts, at the beginning especially. No one is playing while BSS is, thank god.
johnonymous
empty

Postby Farmer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:57 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... n-20130605
"Metric and BSS member Jimmy Shaw (who, along with Emily Haines, will be absent from Saturday’s festivities)..."
Well there goes any hope :/
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby onthesly-girl » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:08 am

i'm less excited now that i know emily and jimmy won't be there for reals
BUT I'M STILL SO EXCITED
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:31 am

http://pitchfork.com/news/51067-watch-b ... on-fallon/

2 BSS songs from Fallon with Leslie. Crimes & Shoreline.

Clips playable in Canada/US.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... _stor.html
Feist set at a festival in NYC was pulled offstage after 1 songs(Commotion)due to heavy rain.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby johnonymous » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:31 am

Soooo they played Jimmy And The Photocall. And Jimmy Shaw surprised everyone on stage. He was THERE.
johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 am

I also take back what I said about Torq and the band. He was so up there jamming out with them and playing is purple trumpet. I loved that so much.
johnonymous
empty

Postby raincoat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:50 am

raincoat
wet blanket

Postby rocketbride » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:54 am

my husband and i were arguing this morning about whether it was planned or not. he thinks that other people made it a surprise for kevin, while i like to think that jimmy just wandered in off bathurst at just the right time.

his explanation *does* sound more logical than mine.

what a fantastic event. after years of being disappointed with the slap-dashness of most A&C stuff, they really pulled off a fantastic day. kids area hula hoops woot!
"I do yearn for some good explosions and lasers at some point, but we’ve put all our money into human resources." - Brendan Canning, June 2010
rocketbride
monster hospital

Postby Ralph » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Lastnight was amazing, I felt all sorts of nostalgia yesterday and it made me miss a lot of things lol
I was glad to see a bunch of you guys there and I shoulda came over and said harro
But Jimmy and the Photocall almost made me cry
Ralph
collect call

Postby MetricGnome » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:38 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby johnonymous » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Nothing really new, she probably wants to keep it all under wraps. She did a wild new batshit crazy ten minute Sealion Woman though, that was fun.
johnonymous
empty

Postby onthesly-girl » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:47 pm

She also did a cool version of 1234, which I don't know if she's been doing that at shows lately or not, but I've heard she like never plays it? I dunno, it was cool.

@Ralph, yeah I wish you had come over to say hi! At least we got to wave at each other haha. When Jimmy showed up ... I actually DID cry. A little bit. Kevin's face was just priceless.

I don't know how "planned" Jimmy coming was... it's possible they thought he might have come for the after party but the surprise on like EVERYONE'S faces on stage was just priceless. God.

Field Trip was amazing. (Downfall of the day, my friend who traveled from Montreal to see the show with my friends and I got really sick and the medical tent told him he had to go to the hospital :( he didn't even get to see anyone perform. He said he heard Amy sing with Jason Colett for a bit from the stretcher in the tent tho :()
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:10 pm

http://instagram.com/vanmusicreview/

Looks like Wyder made it to the show
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby TerraTempus25 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Wooooo! So nice meeting everyone! What an unforgettable weekend!
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff