[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Best/Worst Of (2012 Edition)

Best/Worst Of (2012 Edition)

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Best/Worst Of (2012 Edition)

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:07 am

Dustin, Metals came out over a year ago... And I was totally going to put Marina in my worst, but I didn't think anyone cared about her.

But in that case, I'm putting Ke$ha's new album on my best of. Best pop album by another white pop girl of the year.
GERARDAMO

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:10 am

oh shit def putting marina's on my best of list
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby al » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:21 am

metrique
al
standing in line

Postby johnonymous » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 pm

johnonymous
empty

Postby TerraTempus25 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:30 pm

johnonymous
empty

Postby raincoat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 am

Last edited by raincoat on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
raincoat
wet blanket

Postby parkthatcar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:09 am

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby Farmer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:05 am

Favourite/most listened to albums in no order

Le1f - Dark York (best shit of my life)
Grimes - Visions
Death Grips - The Money Store, NO LOVE DEEP WEB
Mykki Blanco - Cosmic Angel: The Illuminati Prince/ss
Azealia Banks - 1991/Fantasea
Crystal Castles - (III)
Metric - Synthetica

Albums I listened to because they were funny
Lana Del Rey - Born to Die
2 Chainz - Based on a T.R.U. Story
Kreayshawn - Somethin' Bout Kreay

Favourite Queer starring or focused music videos:
Le1f - Wut
Mykki Blanco - Wavvy
Spiritualized - Hey Jane
Thee Oh Sees - Lupine Dominus
Zebra Katz - Ima Read (duh. though someone should really teach Njena Reddd Foxx how to actually jump rope)
Tegan and Sara - Closer (too cute to leave out)

Worst Monologue in a Music video
Lana Del Rey - Ride

Best Album Cover
Crystal Castles - (III)
almost no competition there.

Best Show I went to
uhhhhh probably will have to go with CC again here. That show was so crazy and ~intense~
Metric was meh. Le1f was fun but could have played longer, and the DJs before and after were actually really good too
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby johnonymous » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:43 am

Are we doing shows too?

Top 5 in order:
Feist + The Low Anthem
Radiohead + Caribou
Spiritualized
Metric
Julia Holter + Hundred Waters
honorable mention to Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Worst show:
Cat Power + Willis Earl Beal + awful opening band that played for too long
CP and Beal were outstanding, but I got lost on my way there and ended up an hour late. The opening band was just starting and they played way too long, one of the performances ever. Beal was off the fucking wall but I didn't have the patience and I wasn't feeling too good. By the time Cat Power came on, I felt nauseous and left in the middle of Manhattan (only the fifth song). All I wanted to hear was Ruin :(

Biggest regret of not going:
Chairlift + Nite Jewel
I don't like Nite Jewel but Chairlift are awesome, Something is one of the best pop albums of the year. Especially after watching their live sets online, that looked like such a fun show.
johnonymous
empty

Postby scnadams » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 am

scnadams
down

Previous

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff