[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - The Thread is You - Said the Whale Thread

The Thread is You - Said the Whale Thread

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

The Thread is You - Said the Whale Thread

Postby Wyder » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Seeing as they won the Juno for best new band,
And I love them,
And the keyboardist is inspired by Metric
AND their album drops March 6th (which is amazing)
SAID THE WHALE NEEDS A THREAD!
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Re: The Thread is You - Said the Whale Thread

Postby parkthatcar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Woo!
Megan and I saw them open for TPC a while ago and they were pretty good. I have yet to look up any of their other stuff but I will when the album comes out. Their keyboardist reminded me of Vanessa Carlton for some reason (remember her?) but I bet if I looked her up now I totally wouldn't think so.
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby scnadams » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 pm

scnadams
down

Postby Wyder » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 am

The Metric influences really showed up in their single: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD311Jt7nXg
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby Farmer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:48 am

Yeah when it got to the synthy part I could see it
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby onthesly-girl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:56 pm

I didn't really like them live. But I could barely hear the singer, their instruments were way too loud or the bass was or whatever. I like their one song, Goodnight Moon? Is that even a song by them? I'm too lazy to google that shit
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff