[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - 2012 Concerts Polite Terms

2012 Concerts Polite Terms

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: 2012 Concerts Polite Terms

Postby scnadams » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:35 pm

White Lung! Tomorrow!
scnadams
down

Postby johnonymous » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Oh! Julia Holter + Hundred Waters in October. Also debating on traveling to see Stars in Ohio, I wouldn't mind seeing them twice.
johnonymous
empty

Postby parkthatcar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:55 pm

seeing Trust & Light Asylum this Friday.

As well as The xx at the end of this month and maybe Florence & The Machine next month.
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby TerraTempus25 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:14 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:32 am

Need advice on picking a show:

In Vancouver on Sept 29th:

Madonna 2nd ever career visit to western Canada.
Dragonette in 400 seater - I skipped a July festival appearance because I knew they'd play in the fall.
Bloc Party first Vancouver show in 5 years.
Garbage first Vancoucer show in over 7 years and 4th ever western Canada visit.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:47 pm

you'll probably have plenty of opportunities to see dragonette again at some point. i'd do garbage if i were you, unless you're dying to see bloc party
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:52 pm

I'd say Garbage as well, just because it's very likely that this is probably your last opportunity to see them ever. Dragonette's going to be around for a while, though hopefully not at such small venues. But I'd pick Dragonette over Madonna, mostly because if you're going to see a pop show, well, it's way cheaper and they'll play better music.
GERARDAMO

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Bloc Party never did it for me but a friend is a fan and will be split on it. Saw a couple songs from the BP singer at a festival and it was OK.

Madonna is also playing the 30th. I think I could get in for $70 curbside, which is the same price as the Garbage face value for good seats.

Garbage is the priority as I've never seen them. Picking up cheap seats out front has apparently been super easy this tour. No way they get anywhere near filling a 2,000 soft seater at $60 -70.

The Fiona Apple show I saw last was in a theater that was 1/3rd full. Bought a $30 ticket and found an empty seat 7 rows back in the section with $90 tickets. Great show, but the Pawn show I saw 12 years ago is still tops. Also good in 2006.

Back to Dragonette. Saw at Coachella this year but really really want to see a full set with the new stuff. Their management is absolutely insane for booking this show when their audience has at least 3 bigger priorities that night that have been announced for weeks. Having a super early or super late show could have doubled their audience that night. They play here a lot and I've seen them lots already but I'm real pissed at their crap management on this. Not worth the trek to Seattle on the 28th.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:44 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Here's 3 different solutions to the point you raised. They are going to draw 25% of what they did the last time they did a club show here.

There's 2 days off between Vancouver and Kelowna. They could have swapped routing/dates with Kelowna.

What stops them having an early curfew show( off by 8:30) or hit the stage at 11:40 allowing fans the opportunity to double book shows in one night. I've done that 3-4 times in the past.

Surprised to see them do 6 shows in a row a bunch of places.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby parkthatcar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Go see Madonna, because she'll flash her tits.
Or don't see Madonna, because she'll flash her tits.
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby scnadams » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Crying because MG has seen Fiona Apple 3(?) times
I think any Madonna production would be worth seeing, but one from Garbage would be more authentic
scnadams
down

Postby Farmer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Maybe Crystal Castles in Montreal in the fall
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby scnadams » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:29 pm

CRYSTAL CASTLES IN CALGARY
I'm SO
scnadams
down

Postby parkthatcar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Might see them when they're in TO.
But no The xx for me :( Hopefully Florence & The Machine and Cold Specks in August though.
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Previous

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff