[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - 2012 Concerts Polite Terms

2012 Concerts Polite Terms

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: 2012 Concerts Polite Terms

Postby johnonymous » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:52 pm

My last day of high school was friday, no finals. :D Celebrating with Feist tomorrow!!!
johnonymous
empty

Postby onthesly-girl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 pm

omg awesome. if you get a chance to jump up on stage and start a dance party.. do it. because she likes those.
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby johnonymous » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm

So I definitely met her and Charles Spearin last night, it was absolutely unreal. I had no idea that she was that short... but god damn she packs such a punch! Everything about that show was spot-on, well... except that the crowd remained seated most of the time... and the fire alarm cut The Low Anthem's set short, it killed about twenty minutes but from what I did hear they were very good, a lot better than I had expected.

Feist's set was incredible. The Metals songs met their full potential alongside the lovely Mountain Man. I was dancing in my poncho and they were very impressed by the oomph I was putting in, I cracked a few smiles out of Feist, especially during the beginning of My Moon My Man when it started off with that creepy organ sound and I did ghost motions. Speaking of her other songs, it was just fascinating to see what had happened to them. I was hypnotized by all the neat little arrangements that Charlie put on during the show, that was a spectacle in its own. She concocted these brand new versions of these songs, almost disguising them into completely different entities, all complemented by the nice backdrop of what looked like artwork from the cover of Monarch. Has anyone else seen her perform Mushaboom live? I mean she goes tribal on it, it's absolutely fascinating. My Moon My Man gets spooky, she has the entire room crooning out during So Sorry. While the crowd didn't stand up and I felt kind of locked in my seat, I still danced and did movements in my poncho. These four kids also came up and started dancing at the end of I Feel It All, such a nice surprise :) The Limit To Your Love was definitely a highlight, I was baffled to see that she had covered her own song more successfully than James Blake or anyone else. After they had come back up on stage, Molly from Mountain Man asked me for my poncho and she wore it for the remainder of the show. They had a very nice encore of Cicadas And Gulls, that song echoes through me still hour later. Sea Lion is always fun, and she ended the night inviting couples to come up on stage and slow dance during Let It Die. She really is an entertainer, actually involving the audience the way she does rather than just going up there and doing her thing. Outstanding stage presence. I also let Molly keep my poncho. :D

johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 pm

I had typed out this whole long thing about chatting with one of the guys from The Low Anthem, Charles Spearin, and then Feist, but I lost it all. :(

In short: We both love post-rock but have polar opposite opinions on it, Beach House are assholes, Timber Timbre is pronounced "Timber TAMBER," I told him to check out Stars because he had absolutely no idea who I was talking about, and The Low Anthem are all in all really nice guys and pretty talented.

Charlie: & Yet & Yet is actually the bleaker of the DMST albums, it isn't Enemy Airship like I had previously thought. They'll be touring in Europe in the near future and they were considering a Great Lakes tour so I endorsed that, but it'll be a while until they record the next album because they're lacking the inspiration for it right now. Charlie also likes my Besides compilation. :)

Feist: A lot shorter in person, she actually does listen to covers of her own songs and enjoys James Blake's, she and Mountain Man were wildly pleased by my poncho presence and I got some unsightly pictures of myself with her, and I reminded her about Phantoms and He Was Free. Apparently He Was Free turned into Caught A Long Wind, but after having reminded her about it, she told me that it might not be the end for that song.

Also: AroarA just finished recording their album at her own home and it's going to be outstanding. Spread the word :)
johnonymous
empty

Postby parkthatcar » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:42 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby johnonymous » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:55 pm

They've made some good work, but they are extremely egotistical. I can agree with him on that.
johnonymous
empty

Postby EvanEtrics » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Osheaga crawls ever closer. Another Metric show, and GARBAGE.
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Auuuuuuuuuugh I would give both kidneys to have seen Garbage the other week. They're probably never going to tour again :(
GERARDAMO

Postby Catatonic » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 am

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 am

All I've seen is the awesome video where Shirley stopped the whole show and kicked out some guy who hit a girl. She's the best.
GERARDAMO

Postby Catatonic » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby parkthatcar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:13 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby johnonymous » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:38 pm

So I saw the big RH last night and I kind of transcended from my physical state. They didn't play anything off of The Bends, all the oldsters were disappointed. Great show regardless, highlights were Bloom, Nude, Paranoid Android, Myxomatosis, Full Stop, Pyramid Song, Feral, and Exit Music.

Their first show here in 15 years btw.
johnonymous
empty

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:10 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby TerraTempus25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Cannot WAIT to hear them play Bloom. Two days! 8)
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff