[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Send You My Love On A Mix (LET'S MAKE MIXED CD'S)

Send You My Love On A Mix (LET'S MAKE MIXED CD'S)

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Send You My Love On A Mix (LET'S MAKE MIXED CD'S)

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Except sending CD's would be a pain in the butt. But, in an attempt to make the forum less dead, I figured we could all try making mixed CD's/playlists to post up here for other people to download. I think it would be fun here, especially since we've all seemed to drift away from Metric discussions and a lot of us seem to have different tastes in music. It would be a good way to unify all of us here again. I made one a while ago and never gave it to anyone, so I'll post it as an example because I'm lazy.

Clap Your Hands If You Won't Let Me Hold Them
1. Mr. Dabada - Carlos Jean
2. Speak Slow - Tegan and Sara
3. Petite Mort - Stars
4. Okay Dolore - Dragonette
5. Don't Look Back - She & Him
6. Zak And Sara - Ben Folds
7. Lollipop - Mika
8. Say It All - Sondre Lerche
9. Under The Gun - The Killers
10. Denise - Fountains Of Wayne
11. Energy - The Apples In Stereo
12. B-B-Bicycles - The Bicycles
13. Texico Bitches - Broken Social Scene
14. Romeo - Basement Jaxx
15. Come Back Clean - The Crystal Method
16. Sealion - Feist
17. Beat The Horse - Pomplamoose
18. Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
19. Voodoo - Spiral Beach
20. Tick - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Yep. It's pop. Link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sqi8idzhcw737es
GERARDAMO

Re: Send You My Love On A Mix (LET'S MAKE MIXED CD'S)

Postby TerraTempus25 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 pm

This is an excellent idea. Once I come up with one I'll totally do this.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby Bcaadams » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Me too, definitely.
Bcaadams
joyride

Postby PlasticMuscles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am

I'm working on one at the moment, trying to get a nice range of my music taste. It is actually quite difficult.

EDIT:

I've made the list, thought it was too long so I shortened it and it is still 30 songs long...

Too big?
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby GERARDAMO » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 pm

I always keep mine under 80 minutes because I always burn them to a CD, but you can make it as long as you want.
GERARDAMO

Postby PlasticMuscles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Fair enough, I'm loving your playlist though, some proper tunes on there.

I'm having to scrap mine and start again I just can't make my mind up, I keep having to come back to it. :P

EDIT: Right this should hopefully work.

• Beardfish – The Hunter
• CAKE – The Distance
• Daft Punk – The Game Has Changed
• Kate Nash – Pumpkin Soup
• The Libertines – Boys In The Band
• Muse – Eternally Missed
• The Strokes – Vision of Division
• Foals – Cassius
• Bombay Bicycle Club – Evening/Morning
• Cage The Elephant – Indy Kidz
• Gorillaz – Doncamatic
• Kaizers Orchestra – Bat et Hallelujah
• Florence + The Machine – Strangeness and Charm
• Metric – Glass Ceiling
• Mando Diao – Gloria
• Radiohead – The Trickster
• The Knife – Girls Night Out
• Amy MacDonald – Barrowland Ballroom

http://www.mediafire.com/?0c7adzpjxec46i6

I don't know what has happened with the (crap) album artwork but the songs are there and that's what matters. :P

This is a fairly nice range of music and covers my taste fairly well. Not brilliantly but I'd probably need 30 songs for that and I don't want to upload that much.
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby Bcaadams » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:32 pm

I kept all the original tags for the albums and such so you don't have to worry about looking it up yourself or that it would scobble wrong. There's also two album art files embedded into every song - the original or added album artwork and the album art I made for the mix myself. ;)

Feel free to remove my album artwork if you would like, that's why I kept the original artwork as well.

I guess most of it this is really late night music. The kind of stuff you listen to in the car late at night on a long car trip, talking with your friends at the levee till the wee hours of the morning or just nodding off in bed, it's background music and yet it's not. Either way, I hope everyone enjoys it!

If anyone wants more info or more music by any of the bands here [Which I'm sure most of them are at least familiar.], then just feel free to PM me or IM me. x

Edit:

Updated link!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?do4wobl79ejcc25

And, "Wide Open Space", for those who downloaded the old file: http://www.mediafire.com/?23el2toe3q3lxt3
Last edited by Bcaadams on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bcaadams
joyride

Postby TerraTempus25 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 pm

God DAMN that's a good-looking mix, Britney. :shock: DOWNLOADING.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby Bcaadams » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Thanks, I did try. Tell me if you think it's any good. :D
Bcaadams
joyride

Postby Bcaadams » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Ommmmmmmmmggg. I didn't realize until a friend pointed it out that I was missing a song from the playlist in the .zip! Sooo when I get home, Imma re-upload the mix and I'll also upload the song by itself for anyone who's already downloaded the album. I'm sorrrryy to anyone who's downloaded it already! :(

Edit: All bettah.
Bcaadams
joyride

Postby EvanEtrics » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:40 pm

LOVING THIS IDEA! Gerard, you are genius.

Posting a mix tomorrow, gotta pick a theme first.
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Just going to restate, damn Britney, nice mix!
Also, sorry! I promise I will post one. :P
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby Bcaadams » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 pm

Haha, thank you, Marko! <3

BRING ON TEH MIXXESSS, BITCHES.
Bcaadams
joyride

Postby EvanEtrics » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Oh my god, it totally took a billion years, but I finally manged to get one uploaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1hp7d1snq4pdd9

Dance to Rock and Roll

1. Sam Roberts - Them Kids
2. Sebastien Grainger & the Mountains - Love Can Be So Mean
3. Sleigh Bells - Kids
4. Girls - Lust For Life
5. Broken Social Scene - 7/4 (Shoreline)
6. fun. - All the Pretty Girls
7. Land of Talk - As Me
8. Best Coast - Boyfriend
9. Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing!
10. Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
11. Jenny and Johnny - My Pet Snakes
12. Arcade Fire - Ready to Start
13. The Rural Alberta Advantage - Stamp
14. Ra Ra Riot - Can You Tell
15. Apostle of Hustle - Soul Unwind
16. Holy Fuck - Lovely Allen
17. Neutral Milk Hotel - Ghost
18. The Stills - Destroyer
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby Catatonic » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:21 am

I got a bit carried away with mine and by the time I got down to the letter X it had turned in to 2 CDs. Some are kinda obvious choices, some less so, but as most of you seem to be about 6-10 years younger than me and from another country there's a better chance you might've not heard a bit of it.

Disc 1:
1. Elastica - Waking Up
2. The Cardigans - Erase-Rewind
3. Blur - There's No Other Way
4. Franz Ferdinand - Can't Stop Feeling
5. Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch
6. Goldfrapp - Strict Machine
7. The Pipettes - Judy
8. Catatonia - Goldfish And Paracetamol
9. Soulwax - E-Talking
10. The Prodigy - Girls
11. Kaiser Chiefs - Everyday I Love You Less and Less
12. Garbage - Queer
13. Echobelly - Here Comes The Big Rush
14. Moloko - I Want You
15. Suede - Animal Nitrate
16. Stereophonics - Superman
17. Tom Vek - I Ain't Saying My Goodbyes
18. Supergrass - Pumping On Your Stereo
19. Noisettes - Scratch Your Name
20. Röyksopp - It's What I Want
21. Jarvis Cocker - Fat Children

Disc 2:
1. Blondie - Screaming Skin
2. The Chemical Brothers - Let Forever Be
3. Róisín Murphy - Dear Miami
4. The Raconteurs - You Don't Understand Me
5. Metric - Grow Up And Blow Away (Uncle Grant Remix)
6. Travis - Something Anything
7. XTC - No Thugs In Our House
8. The White Stripes - Jimmy The Exploder
9. Metronomy - You Could Easily Have Me
10. Gorillaz - Kids With Guns
11. Portishead - Sour Times
12. Pleasure (Feat. Brett Anderson) - Back To You
13. Simian - LA Breeze
14. Cerys Matthews - Arlington Way
15. Space - Avenging Angels
16. data Panik - Rulers and the States
17. La Roux - Fascination
18. Tiga - Shoes
19. Justice - Phantom Pt. II (Soulwax Remix)
20. Air - Be A Bee

Catatonic
rock me now

Next

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff