[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - 2011 concerts bitches

2011 concerts bitches

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: 2011 concerts bitches

Postby Farmer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 am

Feist as well on Dec 5 in Ottawa.
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:10 am

ffffffffuck yes. guarenteed a seat in the first 4 rows. and i think those rows can rush the stage. i ordered it like THE SECOND it became available soooooooskgjdkf i hope that i'm in the first or second row
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby Bcaadams » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:29 am

I saw Bright Eyes with First Aid Kit opening for them last night. Was fucking AMAZING, like, UNHH.

I've also decided that I'm going to see Foster the People + Cults and Reptar instead of The Antlers + Yellow Ostrich [They're on the same day, at the same venue, even] because my cousin has already bought a ticket to see Foster the People. The only reason why I'm fine with this is because I will see Cults. <3

I'm also going to see Friendly Fires [!!] on October 9th and it's rumoured that Zola Jesus will be coming here next month as well. Nothing definite so far as being confirmed on her website, but if it does, I'm definitely going. Also going to add the Sunday date of VooDoo Fest, mostly to see The Raconteurs and OFWGKTA. Jack fucking White, bitches!!

Not sure if I'm going to be able to see Explosions in the Sky though, because this is just SO many concerts in such a short amount of time and I dunno if my mom will let me and IIIiiiiii need a fucking jooooooobbb.
Bcaadams
joyride

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 am

I know like only 3 of the bands you mentioned. But I hope you have fun at all those concerts! :P

Whenever I go awhile without concerts, usually a ton of great ones start popping up but they're inconveniently all right around the same time. I'm starting my job soon and I really hope that I can get the days off for the concerts I've already bought tickets for :/

Feist on December 1st

And I just bought a ticket to see Tokyo Police Club with Born Ruffians and Said The Whale in Toronto at the Phoenix Theatre! I've been dying to go to this venue.

Now I just really want to go to Mod Club and I think I'll have hit all the best venues in TO. I've been to the Sound Academy far too many times and it sucks. Kool Haus is pretty great, and then I've only ever been to the ACC for other concerts lol

I've heard Queen Elizabeth Theatre isn't so bad either
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby Bcaadams » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Well, out of those, you should listen to:

Bright Eyes.
First-Aid Kit.
Foster the People.
Cults.
The Antlers.
Friendly Fires.
Zola Jesus.
The Raconteurs.
Explosions in the Sky.
Wye Oak. [Which I failed to mention is opening for EitS]

For the simple fact that you must. For great justice. :p
Bcaadams
joyride

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Contemplating going to see Los Campesinos! if I can find someone to go with... And also afford it...
GERARDAMO

Postby zombievagina » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:03 pm

arcade fire on thursday for free with bang and melly123
moonface on friday with melly123 and maybe bang
jour ma pel BEEF
zombievagina
hustle rose

Postby Farmer » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:13 pm

I was thinking about going to that arcade fire show but I dont want to bus it there and not be able to get in time for class on friday. :? Tell us how it is!
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:35 am

My concert weekend Seattle/Vancouver:

Tom Tom Club
Psychedelic Furs
Devo
Pointed Sticks
Devo(7th show in 2 years for me)

Week from now it's Pearl Jam and maybe Arctic Monkeys
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby zombievagina » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:00 pm

jour ma pel BEEF
zombievagina
hustle rose

Postby karaelizabeth » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:21 pm

10/3: Ladytron with Sonoio (and VHS or Beta?)
10/5: The Drums
10/8: The Naked & Famous with the Chain Gang of 1974 and White Arrows
11/13: Lykke Li with First Aid Kit
12/4: Foster the People

I'm hoping to go to all these, but I'm not too sure on FTP.
karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby zombievagina » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 pm

jour ma pel BEEF
zombievagina
hustle rose

Postby Bcaadams » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:35 am

I need to find someone to go with me to Friendly Fires. :(

Oh, and now Frank Ocean is coming in November! Fuck yeaaaaaaaahhh!!
Bcaadams
joyride

Postby zombievagina » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:18 am

i'll go with you <3
jour ma pel BEEF
zombievagina
hustle rose

Postby TerraTempus25 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 am

Portishead's in Toronto today. I really wanted to see them but I've spent all my money. :P
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff