[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - RANDOM THOUGHTS.

RANDOM THOUGHTS.

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS.

Postby johnonymous » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:24 am

Hannah Georgas has actually been endorsed by Said The Whale, so I really should get around to checking her out. While she's also a CBC R2 "pet" I really hope she doesn't fall in the same vein as Mumford & Sons. I have a seriously backlog accumulating, I'm prioritizing Darkside's album though. I've heard too many good things.

I wish Foals would play in Detroit. Boo.
johnonymous
empty

Postby scnadams » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:58 pm

I hear you about the backlog, johnonymous. I've downloaded 185 albums released in this year alone (186 after that Brendan Canning endorsement you made (I was debating with myself over whether or not to check it out)) and can't quite confidently say that I've properly listened to each of them. At the moment my least favourite album of 2013 is definitely CHVRCHES' debut effort, while my most anticipated is Yoko Ono's fifteenth studio album. I won't say what my favourite of the year has been until review season but anyone who knows me could probably take a guess. :P
And I'm still pretty sore over the fact that Colin Stetson has been snubbed twice by the Polaris panel.
scnadams
down

Postby Farmer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm pretty sure the polaris is over as a whole concept. GYBE had a great reaction to winning. The past three winners have all been big artists anyways so there doesn't really seem like there's a point to it. I wish A Tribe Called Red would have won though :/

As for what I've been listening to lately:
Kelela - Cut 4 Me (so fucking good)
Le1f - Tree House
Abdu Ali - Push + Slay
Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band - Take me to the Land of Hell (soo good)
Icona Pop's albums lol

most rock music is boring to me right now :/
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby johnonymous » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:44 am

johnonymous
empty

Postby onthesly-girl » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 am

i`m the worst and basically don`t listen to anything new ever
lol the newest stuff i`ve been listening to is lorde

she mentions leaving `lover`s spit`on repeat in one of her songs which is cute
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby johnonymous » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:57 pm

I feel like a few of you here might appreciate this.

I attended Field Trip 2013 and picked up one of those little coloring books from the etsy stand. I decided that I'm going to color each artist differently, and then collect signatures on the blank page next to each image from the respective artist or band. I've colored Cold Specks and Trust so far, and I've just started The Darcys. They're all rendered as line drawings taken from press shots. It includes all of the bands that performed at Field Trip.

However, they did take the press shot of Trust as a picture of both Maya and Robert. Maya no longer participates in Trust with Robert.

Now, I went to color the Trust page. While Maya didn't attend Field Trip, or even know about the coloring book, I decided to take it with me and get her autograph when I went to see Austra (who are amazing, especially on this tour too btw). After the show, I approached her and asked her if she knew she was in a coloring book. I talked a little about Field Trip and how she ended up in there as Trust. She opened up to me a little bit about her current standing with Robert, which is... uh...

I have no idea how I'm going to get Robert to sign this.
She told me, "he really needs to fucking grow up for once. Low-life." They recorded most of TRST together in her parents' basement and she couldn't wait to get it over with. She also told me that it is one of the worst things she has ever worked on in her life, she encouraged me to check out all the better music that the Canadian pop scene has to offer, and recommended Diana's album.

I could not stop grinning and giggling the whole time she told me all this.
johnonymous
empty

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am

haha wow awk. yeah i would not be asking for his autograph anytime soon on that same page. that sounds so shitty! i'm glad she's in other bands that she likes more now. i only saw Trust twice but she performed both times and they were both really good. I remember just dying at how great I thought they were when they opened for Crystal Castles in April 2011. Couldn't find like any songs by them online other than Candy Walls. When I saw them open for Sleigh Bells in .. march 2012 i think.. they didn't even play candy walls :c
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby johnonymous » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:49 am

Their Field Trip set:
The Last Dregs
Sulk
Dressed For Space
Rescue Mister
My Potency
Bulbform

I kind of wish they squeezed in Candy Walls. I love that one as well.

Rescue Mister is coming out on an EP in February, according to their bandcamp page.
johnonymous
empty

Postby TerraTempus25 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Where are you from again, johnonymous? If you met Maya at the Austra concert at the Phoenix in Toronto, I was definitely there and also met her. :P And I asked her a bit about the Trust situation at one of her solo shows a couple of weeks ago. She said similar things, though she wasn't nearly as cold about it. I got the impression that she misses Robert but he kind of pushed her away since she was too invested in Austra for his liking.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby johnonymous » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:28 pm

johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Sooooo Reflektor sucked and I forced myself to listen on repeat today until the mail came and I received my copy of the AroarA album. God damnit, Andrew Whiteman is my favorite guitarist on this earth.
johnonymous
empty

Postby parkthatcar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:31 am

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby johnonymous » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Pop. 1280 is the purest form of rage music that exists. I love it. Check out Imps Of Perversion, it came out a few months ago. If you like Swans or Tom Waits or loud rock music with a raspy voice, then listen to this band please.

EDIT: Or really any music from Sacred Bones Records. Next to A&C, they are my absolute favorite label.
Last edited by johnonymous on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Apostle of Hustle is located in the "alumni" section of A&C's artists. I'm about to have a stroke.

No more Gentleman, no more Hidden Cams, no more Los Camps, no more AOH (don't even know if they're still gonna make albums)... the A&C talent is dropping like flies. They need to seriously sign the next generation of awesome Toronto goodness. At least they still have Trust. and Timber Timbre. EDIT: OH SHIIIIT they still have Sally too <3 she's releasing her album in February, I adore her ausdfhslfqrefluftrg

I don't even get ITVB though. They released their entire album in Europe, but they go on to release an EP to advertise their "forthcoming" album in North America. Why don't they just release the album? I could seriously just order it on Amazon from Europe. It's good stuff, but if it's a North American issuing of the album, just put it out already.
johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OuUpUmoJy0

Trust - Joyland
March 4, 2014
johnonymous
empty

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff