[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - RANDOM THOUGHTS.

RANDOM THOUGHTS.

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS.

Postby johnonymous » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 pm

God damnit. I got one of those cute little colouring books at Field Trip and I was going to colour it and get it signed by everyone in it, but then I discovered just yesterday that Bloc Party is going on another indefinite hiatus. They better not fucking break up, I want my signature!

Funny how they have Maya on the page for Trust, I realize they took it from a press shot though. When I go to see Austra in August I'll try and get her to sign it. Oh Austra... I'm so pumped to see them. Olympia is SO good.
johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:14 am

In other news. The Darcys are fucking amazing.

https://soundcloud.com/arts-crafts/the-darcys-the-river
johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:10 pm

http://ttrust.bandcamp.com/album/rescue-mister-ep

Apparently this is happening. BUENO
johnonymous
empty

Postby johnonymous » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Julia Holter's new album is pure perfection.
Still Life Still's new album is rad as hell.

Yamantaka // Sonic Titan has a great new song and record on the way.

Guise. Pls respond.
johnonymous
empty

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:10 am

omg i just laughed so hard looking at the past posts and they're all you

you're a trooper. johnonymous single-handedly keeping the forum alive good on u dude
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby TerraTempus25 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:12 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby raincoat » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Metric Forum has come back! :D

Oh, so many great records always are released in October. What do you think about Brendan Canning record? I like these songs (However Long!), but I have to listen to it more.
Last edited by raincoat on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raincoat
wet blanket

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:12 am

Now at least 2 people know the forum returned.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Catatonic » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby onthesly-girl » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:42 pm

IT'S ALIIVE
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby scribbleyguy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:22 pm

We have randomly recollected
I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

Postby MetricGnome » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:38 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3sUG8RfkKA
1:57:00 Metric do Breathing Underwater & Synthetica(Jimmy on acoustic, Emily piano on BU)
2:08:00 Jimmy/Emily interviewed backstage.

Performance and interview show both in a VERY happy mood.

That is the only real Metric news that occured in the month that the forum was down.

They start up the Paramore tour in 2 week with some headliner shows sprinkled in to the mix. I'm having trouble motivating myself to go to the Seattle/Portland shows, except the Commodre show, the 5 Synthetica shows I've see all blur together in my mind when they didn't happen on past tours.

Maybe the Lost Kitten music video turns up to tie in with the tour. Who knows.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby johnonymous » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Last edited by johnonymous on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnonymous
empty

Postby scribbleyguy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Read it!
Nice to hear what people are listening to.
I sometimes turn on CBC Radio 2 in the car to try to catch something new.
They have their 'pets', like Hannah Georges(sp?), Mumford and a few others.
But I have heard and looked into a few new bands thanks to CBC.
I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

Postby scribbleyguy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:19 pm

As far as new stuff, I picked up the new CD from The Foals. It's a bit uneven: ultra slow tunes mixed with fun 80's flavour dance tunes, but interesting anyway.
I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff