[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Post 'Em All Day - The M.I.A. Thread

Post 'Em All Day - The M.I.A. Thread

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Post 'Em All Day - The M.I.A. Thread

Postby EvanEtrics » Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 am

I think this thread is mostly for me and Nick. :P

M.I.A. pulled a nice trick on me today when I was trying to find a copy of XXXO: http://neetrecordings.com/blo

Her new album is called <em>/\/\/\Y/\</em>. Supposedly it's self-titled. Go figure. It's also been pushed back to July 13th, which makes me :cry:

I've only heard "Born Free", "XXXO" and "There Is Space For All Dat I See" or whatever the hell that last one is called. It's all sounding VERY nice. Can't wait for <em>/\/\/\Y/\</em>...
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Re: Post 'Em All Day - The M.I.A. Thread

Postby Farmer » Tue May 11, 2010 12:11 pm

I love the title of this so much! I don't think were the only ones who like her, I think Jay does too. But yeah, so pumped for this new album.

Edit: I love watching the Galang video and copying her dance moves, just because they're so hilarious.
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue May 11, 2010 12:51 pm

I kind of like her, if it makes you feel any better. :P
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue May 11, 2010 1:15 pm

NO ONE ON THE CORNER HAS SWAGGA LIKE USSSSSSS
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby jayb » Tue May 11, 2010 1:30 pm

I like M.I.A. but think she's full of shit.
get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby EvanEtrics » Tue May 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Jay, you're not the first person to say that. :P I try not to pay too much attention to her politics when I listen to her music, because that's when it stops being about her music. Though some things tend to grab my attention (RE: Born Free video)
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby parkthatcar » Tue May 11, 2010 9:13 pm

yaaayyyy.

devin where can i hear that last track with space in the title?
i heard XXXOO on tumblr earlier and i'm digggggiinnn it.
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby EvanEtrics » Wed May 12, 2010 8:56 am

It was posted on her YouTube page, but FUCKING UMG blocked it. Here's an MP3 I just found. http://www.mediafire.com/?mw0fo1imwxg. Some are saying that is song is actually called "Space Odyssey".

Does anyone know which version of XXXO is the original?? I keep on hearing that the one that was ripped from the radio isn't the same as the album version. It confuzzles me.

EDIT: Okay, the one on the NEET blog is the original, and the one on iTunes / Radio is a remix of some kind. Unsurprisingly, the original is better. MP3 of the version that went to radio: http://usershare.net/oqcqe4bvx85r

The original: http://www.zshare.net/download/759691891afd098e/
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby Farmer » Wed May 12, 2010 1:23 pm

"I find the new Justin Bieber video more violent and more of an assault to my eyes and senses than what I've made."

I love thee M.I.A.

Edit: I think I like the remix better? More dancey.
Farmer
ending start

Postby TerraTempus25 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby parkthatcar » Wed May 12, 2010 2:22 pm

hahahah woow that biebz comment.

thank you thank you thank you devin!!!! :D
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby EvanEtrics » Sun May 23, 2010 9:51 am

1. The Message
2. Born Free
3. Meds and Feds
4. Lovealot
5. Tequilla
6. It Is What It Is
7. XXXO
8. Tell Me Why
9. Story Told
10. Space
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby Farmer » Sun May 23, 2010 12:55 pm

GORGEOUS LOVE!
Farmer
ending start

Postby jayb » Fri May 28, 2010 10:23 am

get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby EvanEtrics » Fri May 28, 2010 11:29 am

I had just read that. I don't really know if it's true or not. If it is, then it's too bad that she's nothing but an outspoken blowhard. Not about to trash her albums though. :D
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Next

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff