[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Xxzxcuzx Me, Tell Me What To Post - Crystal Castles Thread

Xxzxcuzx Me, Tell Me What To Post - Crystal Castles Thread

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Xxzxcuzx Me, Tell Me What To Post - Crystal Castles Thread

Postby TerraTempus25 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Dustin made me do it. :oops:

From Wikipedia: Crystal Castles is an experimental electronic music band from the province of Ontario consisting of producer Ethan Kath and vocalist Alice Glass. Crystal Castles are known for their chaotic live shows and their lo-fi, melancholic home productions. To listen to Crystal Castles, according to the BBC, "is to be cast adrift in a vortex of deafening pain without a safety net. You get the feeling you could do anything in the world, but that 'anything' would ultimately mean nothing. Crystal Castles marks a nuanced emotional territory that dance music never covered before."

Crystal Castles were named after the lines "The fate of the world is safe in Crystal Castles" and "Crystal Castles, the source of all power", both lines referring to fictional character 's fortress in the sky. The band was formed in December 2003 as a solo project started by Ethan Kath. Ethan Kath later discovered Alice Glass singing in her noise-punk band, and thought he had found the "missing ingredient" to his music. He asked her to record vocals over his solo instrumental tracks. In April 2005, Alice Glass recorded vocals over five original instrumentals by Kath. The microphone test for this recording session was secretly recorded by the studio's engineer and was later released as the band's first single, a limited edition 7" vinyl on London's Merok Records, released in June 2006 and sold out immediately. Glass was not aware the microphone test recording existed until Merok Records asked to release it.
Last edited by TerraTempus25 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Re: Xxzxcuzx Me, Tell Me What To Post - Crystal Castles Thre

Postby scnadams » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Welps, xxzxcuzx me while I make this thread my new home.

I'm really confused about this Doe Deer business; it's looking like it's going to be limited to a 500 copy release in the UK for Record Store Day (no ordering from the interwebs!).
1. Doe Deer
2. Mother Knows Best - 2004 guitar version
3. Insectica - 2004 guitar version
4. Seed - 2004 guitar version
However, there is also a listing on Amazon for the 12" with a tracklisting of one, so. . . I'm not sure if I want to get my hopes up on getting a physical copy.
scnadams
down

Postby parkthatcar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Ooh guitar versions? that would be interesting..
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby TerraTempus25 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:49 pm

I never heard Insectica until deciding to research the stuff from the other Crystal Castles thread. I like it. A lot.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby Farmer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:34 pm

YAY! But damn, even if it leaks it will be impossible to find, those clever bastards. :P
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby parkthatcar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 pm

hmm, the tracklisting sounds like something this forum would come up with in that old make=an-album-game thread
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby Farmer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Someone should revive that thread, it was fun. I'm really excited for this album, I'm disppointed that Yes-No won't be on it though.
Farmer
ending start

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:05 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby Farmer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Yes-No is going to be b-side, so we'll still get it. meh.
Farmer
ending start

Postby scnadams » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Man, I saw this news on tumblr while I was in graphic arts class and yelled a bit. =X
scnadams
down

Postby scnadams » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Double posting = gross, I know, but I had to come and share this. Jonsi is sampled on Year of Silence ! ! ! !
scnadams
down

Postby parkthatcar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby parkthatcar » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Celestica:
http://hypem.com/track/1090070/Crystal+ ... (Radio+Rip)

it's very.. "polished" ? like if i heard it on the radio i wouldn't immediately think it's CC.

edit: download of Celestica
http://www.nodata.tv/2010/04/crystal-ca ... -2010.html
password: nodata.tv
parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby scnadams » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 pm

I LOVE IT. The entire EP is just delicious to no end, and I don't care what's been released or what is yet to be released, Crystal Castles is going to be my favourite album of 2010.
scnadams
down

Next

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff