[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Forum loves to post in the dark (The Lady Gaga Thread)

Forum loves to post in the dark (The Lady Gaga Thread)

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Forum loves to post in the dark (The Lady Gaga Thread)

Postby scnadams » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:21 pm

I want to watch it all of the time =(
scnadams
down

Postby GERARDAMO » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:48 pm

It's a really awkward moment when you realize you are a better graphic designer than the person who designed the Born This Way cover, and you realize you only have a very small fraction of the money he has. (I like the concept, but it's one of the most poorly executed pieces I have ever seen.)
GERARDAMO

Postby bluelight » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:48 am

The cover does stink...hope it's a joke because it is actually quite terrible. The image is alright (looks a bit awkward and out of proportion) but the text at the top is just shameful. It looks like some kid was experimenting with WordArt circa 2004.

Edit: Found this interesting comment:
It's a fake.
After the release of the Born This Way Album Cover there has been a lot of criticism and debate over the imagery and the font of the artwork. A fair number of people are choosing to believe that this is a joke, that the real cover is yet to come, maybe Gaga has a plan up her sleeve?

Following this idea that maybe this is a joke, I tried to think of ways that maybe Gaga is playing this, if this is not the real artwork..
So Judas was released early, Friday 15th April 2011, four days before release. For trivia sake, Jesus was crucified on Friday 15th April 30AD and was buried later that day, awaiting 3 days before his resurrection.
...Perhaps this artwork is a symbol of a fall from grace, a betrayal, a pain. Gaga’s Judas was leaked (rumours speculate whether this was by Gaga herself or an actual leak) but nonetheless a symbol of betrayal. Hours later the release of this artwork that is loved by some, an questioned by others. Could this be Gaga conveying a momentary death, fall from the Fame, a representation? In a few days, will she rise again, majestic from this spiritual death and bring us another album cover? When the image was released her Twitter account the caption read “Cover By Nick Knight and The Haus of Gaga 5 + 23 + 11” – this does not say Born This Way Cover in the caption.

Is Gaga creating a moment in history, mimicking the religious events told in the Bible, is she experiencing and expressing a spiritual death caused by the betrayal of Judas, is this a symbol for a resurrection to come.
bluelight
butcher

Postby scnadams » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:13 am

scnadams
down

Postby GERARDAMO » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:05 am

GERARDAMO

Postby scnadams » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:50 pm

To be honest I was projecting quite a bit, due to the abundance of photographs strewn about the floor all I can't help but hope that they may have been addressing the 'album cover' as well. I should have said that I imagine they'd have kept the same mindset when producing two pieces of work in such close proximity to one another. While, not unlike you, the font is my main trouble with it, and I can appreciate the concept, I've just not seen such cheesy-looking album artwork since the style of Ed Repka was made popular in the realm of 80s metal. I look at it and it doesn't look like a Gaga album, and maybe that is the desired effect.
scnadams
down

Postby GERARDAMO » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Maybe... And maybe this is petty, but as someone who always buys physical music, I appreciate the album artwork almost just as much as I appreciate the musical content. I'm strapped for cash at the moment, and while I still plan on buying whatever edition I can get that still has all the bonus tracks, I don't think I'll be getting any super crazy deluxe edition because the text itself is so hideous and I just don't have any desire to spend that much money on something so ugly.

I think it was a good idea, but whoever carried it out did a very very bad job. Intentionally cheesy or not, it's still cheesy, and even if it's a joke or satirical, I think most people are going to miss it.

EDIT: Okay, the cover for the special edition is really very good.
GERARDAMO

Postby jayb » Sun May 15, 2011 8:58 pm

this album needs to happen NOW
get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby onthesly-girl » Sun May 15, 2011 9:05 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

I forgot to watch her on Radio 1's Big Weekend last night. It was on but I completely forgot about it. I'll have to watch it later today on the old iplayer.
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby GERARDAMO » Mon May 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Holy 80's influence, Hair.
GERARDAMO

Postby onthesly-girl » Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 pm

so much for not listening to any of the songs before the album comes out!!

i don't like hair that much, but i know it'll grow on me. so far my favourite is definitely judas. then BTW and then the edge of glory
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby TerraTempus25 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:34 pm

It is fucking unbelievable how catchy Judas is.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby GERARDAMO » Mon May 16, 2011 7:39 pm

This synth riff sounds familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWvEB14Qw8Q
GERARDAMO

Postby GERARDAMO » Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 pm

GERARDAMO

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music and Other Stuff