[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - This Thread is Broken - Official BSS Thread!

This Thread is Broken - Official BSS Thread!

off-topic topics and ... everything else ...

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: This Thread is Broken - Official BSS Thread!

Postby Farmer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:24 am

The Sweetest Kill video is umm interesting. Why in the world would you wear a white dress to murder someone?
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby bertal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:56 am

bertal
monster hospital

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:01 pm

i liked it up until the part she brought out the axe. i had to stop watching.

anyone want to tell me what happened after that point?
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Bijou Phillips did a similar movie that was equally as graphic called BULLY. Same director that did KIDS I think.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Farmer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:17 pm

She chops his limbs off and carries them to her garden. There she buries them partially and rubs herself in dirt.
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 pm

I never did like that song anyway...

Also, that guy was way too cute to get murdered.
GERARDAMO

Postby onthesly-girl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:19 am

fuck i hope one or two or all three of the holy trinity show up at the show today
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby onthesly-girl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:17 am

annnnnd no one did.

still a good show. they did 2 covers, apparently a modest mouse cover (i had no idea what this song was but it was really good.. i will find out later) and they covered beastie boys and i didn't know that song either but k drew just kept singing FUCKIN BOYS over and over again and it was fun (or was it funky boys? or .. i don't know)

no special ladies showing up. i kinda figured as soon as lisa sang for shoreline and all the other bands were just guys. BSS only played for about an hour.
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:59 pm

I didn't really like the Sweetest Kill video. The guy was too cute to be killed and the girl's dress was too white and cute to be killing someone while wearing it.
It was just...weird. Didn't really grab my attention.
karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby nippleholic » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:33 am

01/23/05 - The Mod Club
06/26/05 - Olympic Island
09/29/05 - The Phoenix
02/25/06 - Kool Haus
07/15/06 - Fort York
09/02/06 - Parc Jean-Drapeau
09/08/06 - U of T
09/09/07 - Olympic Island
09/07/14 - Downsview Park
08/15/15 - Bissell Park
nippleholic
white gold

Postby bertal » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:17 am

bertal
monster hospital

Postby AC » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Sounds like the lamest Toronto show they've played in awhile. Good thing my instincts told me it would be sub-par and to skip the pain of Downsview Park (ugh).
AC
fanfare

Postby onthesly-girl » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:55 pm

I got front row for their set because I was second row but I'm short as fuck and there were tall guys in front of me.. I asked one of them nicely to let me stand in the front for their set and he said it was fine because he didn't even know who BSS was.

I'm glad I didn't pay for this lol I won the tickets last minute through a Golden Voice contest (my name wasn't even on the list when I got there.. it was a nightmare getting in) and yeah I would've been disappointed if I had to pay. I had hoped one of the ladies would show up but they only played for an hour or so and opened for Weezer lol it was fun but yeah not even CLOSE to how good their usual TO concerts are.
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:16 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby nippleholic » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 pm

i also won a contest to get in as well and didn't really expect much in terms of a stand-out show...they got third-billing, so no way was it gonna even compare to the 2009/2006 summer shows or even the 2005 olympic island show.

a free show in Hamilton in September has just been announced though: http://exclaim.ca/News/hamiltons_superc ... said_whale
01/23/05 - The Mod Club
06/26/05 - Olympic Island
09/29/05 - The Phoenix
02/25/06 - Kool Haus
07/15/06 - Fort York
09/02/06 - Parc Jean-Drapeau
09/08/06 - U of T
09/09/07 - Olympic Island
09/07/14 - Downsview Park
08/15/15 - Bissell Park
nippleholic
white gold