[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Fall Tour 2012 w/ Stars

Fall Tour 2012 w/ Stars

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Fall Tour 2012 w/ Stars

Postby onthesly-girl » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:27 pm

so......... absolutely nothing special for toronto. barely a speech too. she did mention her and amy in highschool which was fun though.... on the plus side, she sounded fucking AMAZING. hit every high note in every song. i'm not sure if it was during lost kitten or sick muse (i think it was sick muse) she hit some note and then looked and jimmy and mouthed 'THAT WAS PERFECT!' and that was really cute

best part was seeing jimmy like not being able to NOT smile, especially right before Gimme Sympathy. what a cutie.

hated the fringe. haaaated it.

ps MG - that wasn't "Exclusive merch" - those black synthetica shirts were being sold outside the venue! along with posters made by street vendor people
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby onthesly-girl » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:38 pm

also embarrassing lol i don't know if this happened at anyone else's show but the timer that was supposed to be for when they came back out for the encore froze at 0:46 and then there was just this super long awkward pause and everyone was like 'wat' and then emily's voice came over the system and she counted down in her super girly voice

also she said 'girls you wouldn't know this was a hockey rink, would you?' or something and i was like ..
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby onthesly-girl » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:42 pm

cool crowd pic
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby parkthatcar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:18 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby Wyder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:12 pm

I think this reviewer hit the nail on the head.
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/mu ... ert-review
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:04 pm

That review pretty much sums up why I've less frequently attended Metric shows and decided against making the trip north of the border to see this tour. The Stars review is a bit bullshit, eh? It's hardly their fault they only performed for 45 minutes.
GERARDAMO

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 am

Victoria 3,371(times colonist)
Vancouver 5,000
Kelowna 2,000
Calgary 4,000
Edmonton 4,500
Regina 3,000
Winnipeg 3,500
London, On 4,000 Montreal 6-7,000 Quebec City 2,500 Kingston, On 1,500? Toronto 12,000?

http://labibleurbaine.com/wp/?p=10075&u ... ints-forts

Montreal 5,000 and Toronto 9,000. A bit under 4,000 average per show for an arena tour.

I wonder how happy Live Nation is about the above numbers. Somewhat slim margins after they have to give Metric their per show guarantee.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:28 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Wyder » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm

I have a feeling arena's are itching for anyone right now as the NHL $$ aren't coming in
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 am

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4euom-K ... re=related

for anyone else who saw them on this tour, did emily sing artificial nocturne like this? :P i thought it was kind of funny but i actually liked it during the concert. she does like to draw out words sometimes.... 'the beatles or the rolling STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONES'
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Phrasing of lyrics morph a bit from show to show and tour to tour.

Looks like there is 2 HD video sources for Montreal. Would be a great video project.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby johnonymous » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:48 pm

johnonymous
empty

Postby scribbleyguy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 pm

So I guess no future Canadian dates announced yet. Oh well, I saw the Much Music hour on HD, that will have to do.
I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

PreviousNext

Return to Live Flesh