[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Release Show in Toronto 06/12/12

Release Show in Toronto 06/12/12

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Release Show in Toronto 06/12/12

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:41 am

So! Me, Dustin(parkthatcar) and Nick (farmer) went to the free show on the 11th and it wasn't that great. The setlist was NOCTURNE, YWY, SPEED, BREATHING, SYNTHETICA, NOTHING BUT TIME. Some stage hand added "HIA" to the end of the setlist before Metric came on and we saw Jimmy's acoustic guitar so we figured we were going to get 'Gimme Sympathy' acoustic as well but after they finished Nothing But Time Emily sort of looked at the guys like 'We gonna do this??' and says (to the crowd) "THE FUTURE IS MINE... BUT SO IS THE PAST!" Then they played Monster Hospital (which was the clear highlight of the show) but it looks like they're going to be singing that without 'Bam chicka' etc intro anymore.... which... >_____> what the fuck...
YWY sucks so bad live. Like, really really bad.

The show on the 12th was much more awesome (and we also didn't have to get rained on). We got there super early and were first in line, then this girl came out and filmed us for a Metric documentary that's in the works. She was at the free show too, and is clearly just traveling around with them. I hope we're in it, that would be so fun haha. When we finally got into the venue we still had a 2 hour and a bit wait for them to come on, but it was sort of nice not having to deal with an opening band. And they were giving out free drinks when you walked into the show.. which was weird but.. pretty damn awesome.

The setlist was super long and pretty fucking great. They pulled out some oldies (but nothing they haven't recycled on their last tour) and thank god they played Dead Disco. Here's the setlist: (my very tall and very very wonderful friend caught the setlist when it was thrown out into the crowd and then gave it to me.. :3)
Gimme Sympathy acoustic was so cute, and Emily dedicated it to all their moms and almost started crying, it was legit the cutest thing ever. I have it on video, I just have to upload that soon and then I'll post it, and some photos I took, here.
(the one that's crossed off was 'VOID'... guess we're not going to hear that one anytime soon?! unless I've missed a video somewhere where they play it live)

Anyways... good fucking show. I know we saw Devon (BRIEFLY... next time stop and say hello to us! :P) so he can add to this with anything he thought of the show)

Ps Merch sucks so bad. It's just 2 new shirts and they were selling the cd and vinyl. I bought the vinyl, but there's nothing special about it, I still don't know what the special liner notes thing is that everyone's talking about.
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Re: Release Show in Toronto 06/12/12

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:23 am

What's Beat?
GERARDAMO

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:25 am

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricSynthetic » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:45 am

MetricSynthetic
wet blanket

Postby MetricSynthetic » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Metric have a lot of tall fans.

Four of my horrible pictures from the show:

Speed The Collapse video:

Synthetica video:
MetricSynthetic
wet blanket

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 pm

So the full band GIMME I saw in Bellingham is still a tour exclusive?

17 songs must be the longest set they've ever played.

Why does Stadium have to return? Just 1 setlist "curveball" like Calculation Theme in 2008/Live it Out in 2007/Combat Baby in 2009/Hustle in 2010. It's been 4 years since a full song from GUABA has been played live.

Clone was a probably a live premiere.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Brando77 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Highlight for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... VTGjZiFujk

It seems many of us forum members were there plus the VIP section was full of interesting characters.
I briefly saw Chris Seligman and Liam O'Neil leave the gig together, they seemed very proud of their friends.

Beautiful Show, Epic Night!
Brando77
monster hospital

Postby Krosney » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:06 pm

We are all missing something I don't got.
Krosney
white gold

Postby GERARDAMO » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 am

GERARDAMO

Postby onthesly-girl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:33 am

omg... i couldn't hear ANYTHING SHE SAID during the show other than getting the tiny bit about dedicating it to their moms .. so that was such a treat to hear lol
AW EMILY asdglkjtlgksjdfgsd
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby onthesly-girl » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/freshwhens ... 140498902/

There are some of the photos I took from the night! WOO!
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby TerraTempus25 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:47 am

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Return to Live Flesh