[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - 2012 shows

2012 shows

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: 2012 shows

Postby dwigt » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm

D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Some Christmas radio dates are popping up. Portland Oregon 12/3 and Tulsa about 10 days later.

A Christmas radio show lineup in Seattle should be announced in the next 2 weeks, same one Metric played in 2009.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Wyder » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Metric rumored to be playing Coachella 2013 first day
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:42 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Wyder » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:39 pm

it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby MetricGnome » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:04 am

It'll be 45 minutes and without their current production. But some will go nuts over the M83, Metric and Killers 3-pack.

Looks like Seattle will go close to 3 years between full length shows.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby MetricGnome » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:30 pm

There's a youtube video of Emily meeting fans in Austin where she says there's over 10,000 tickets sold for the Toronto ACC show in November.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby jerb » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 am

SEEING TONIGHT O WOW
jerb
monster hospital

Postby onthesly-girl » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 pm

in other random news jay is still alive
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricSynthetic » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:45 pm

For those who have seen the Canadian leg of the tour, just wondering, was there a tour poster? If so, was it specific to the city or for the full run of Canadian dates? I noticed STARS are selling their own tour poster on their website with a list of all the Canadian shows on it...wonder if that's for sale at the shows too. Also, any new/interesting merch?
MetricSynthetic
wet blanket

Postby MetricGnome » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

http://store.youarestars.com/the-north/ ... ur-poster/

The US Metric poster is nicer with the staircase image. I exoect something similar for Canada.

Stars are in Seattle Tonight. Metric might be sound checking in Victoria later today, as Emily just tweeted a photo of her Newark/NYC to Vancouver flight schedule. Metric/Stars open their tour tomorrow, Wyder and I should both be in attendance.

The Wyder/Jimmy interview seem to imply they have a fancier stage set up than the US tour. No idea, except they might bring lasers for more songs that have been used sparingly so far.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby onthesly-girl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:55 pm

http://future-beat.com/artist.cfm?id=3326

omfg $200 for this

if i wasn't a poor student and didn't already know what bad feedback there was from metric meet and greets i would buuuy thiiissss
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:15 pm

It's the first time they've done paid group photos with fans. Next to impossible to get without paying and cool if your into that.

The rest does like a hot air.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby scribbleyguy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Oddly enough, I would not go for the $200 upgrade package. I'd like a cool tshirt maybe, but would not even know what to say if I met Metric.
I'd be willing to pay extra for a front area seat though.

Looking forward to seeing them live someday.
Hard to predict when they will next play the Maritime Provinces though.
No hints yet about 2013, I notice, and we're into November now.
I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

Postby Catatonic » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:44 am

I think charging $200 for that is taking the piss. Can't believe it doesn't even include a ticket to the bloody show! - they don't normally let people have their photo taken with them at a meet and greet (at least when I won a competition to meet them after a concert they wouldn't let anyone have their photo taken with them) So paying a substantial amount of money to have them then pretend they now don't mind having it done subtracts something from getting a photo with them knowing they're literally gritting their teeth at it to get a few quid.

I'd say for anyone who's famous and puts themself out there in the public eye, providing people aren't being intrusive I don't see what's so awful about fans wanting their photo taken with you. Being shirty about it makes you look bad, and then saying oh alright then I'll do it for some cash makes you look worse. Which is a shame because when I met them they seemed genuinely nice and happy to meet fans, sign stuff and chat to them.

Catatonic
rock me now

PreviousNext

Return to Live Flesh