[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - 2012 shows

2012 shows

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: 2012 shows

Postby scnadams » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:37 pm

scnadams
down

Postby Wyder » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:42 pm

I was wondering when Lost Kitten would drop off the set list. I knew Emily couldn't sing it all tour.
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:00 pm

That didn't stop her from finding a way to do Sick Muse. At this point they're barely playing half of Synthetica. I suspect they're finding a way to do some work on the other material.

Besides Wanderlust. Wanderlust is still terrible.
GERARDAMO

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Curious if NYC Radio City Music Hall gets a special setlist on Sunday. At 7,000 capacity it probably doubles their previous US headliner show capacity high water mark(LA Wiltern at 2,300 is my guess).

Lou Reed isn't on tour, but wife Laurie Anderson finishes her mini tour in New Mexico that night.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:24 pm

they better do a special setlist for these crazy big shows because god dammit what's the point of playing massive venues and not doing something special for those SHOWS slkdgltkghlsdfh
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:51 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby johnonymous » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Is there any chance that they would ever play Poster Of A Girl ever again?
johnonymous
empty

Postby MetricGnome » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:04 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby MetricGnome » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Looks like the band dusted off an old song for a tour debut Thursday night in Boston....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucfI5mmCDs
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metric/20 ... df85e.html

Note how all the new stuff is frontloaded in the setlist and that show ended with 7 "old" songs in a row. Try finding past setlist with more old material than stuff from the new album!! 7 new/9 old. 7 Synthetica/6 Fantasies era tracks. Still waiting for them to dust off something this tour they haven't done for years like they did with Rock Me Now, Calculation Theme, Hustle, Combat, Live It Out and Poster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xEJAOPWq0
This was Lost Kitten from the opening night of the US tour in Rochester. For those wondering why the band lost confidence in that song and skipped it for several shows now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17547415@N ... otostream/
Looks like Jimmy's been shopping for guitars on craigslist again. Never seen it before and can't figure out the make/brand until there's a clearer shot.

The band/crew has been stepping up their game on the light show. I have no doubt that can fill an arena visually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slQmRTlt2tQ
1080p HD balcony shot version of Gold Guns Girls with full view of the light show and first several rows of fans.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby MetricGnome » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:20 pm

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metric/20 ... df758.html

Wanderlust was done last night in Philadelphia

Do we get Lou Reed in a few minutes during the RCMH webcast?
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby johnonymous » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm

I would like to see how Wanderlust was done. I'm the weirdo who thinks Synthetica is fantastic overall, one of my favorite albums released this year.

I'm also kind of glad that Detroit is generally one of the first cities on any US tour. Lost Kitten was so fucking neat, the intro they did for it, Emily hit the notes, all the notes for every song, it's fantastic. But if I were to see them again or going to see them at a later show, I wouldn't mind them trading a Fantasies song or two for Hustle Rose or Rock Me Now. Or anything off of Live It Out, if they can't play Lost Kitten then I really think they should just substitute it out with Poster Of A Girl.

EDIT: Also that setlist shows that Reflection #11 played at the beginning, they played it after their encore once the show was over on a loop. Does that indicate a shift in their set choice?
johnonymous
empty

Postby MetricGnome » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:00 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:04 am

Curious to see how the Canadian tour was selling I went through all the ticketmaster/equivalent webpages. Sales are very healthy but only 2 venues are close to full.

Looks like Toronto/Calgary are close to be being sell outs. Every other show has LOTS available including GA Floors. There are 4-packs listed for the ticketmaster shows, not sure when they did the price drop unsold top tier tickets. 4 packs sold out in Toronto/Calgary/Vancouver.

Every NHL sized venue is 3/4 bowl configuration. Toronto/Edmonton appear to be the only shows that are selling seats in the balcony. I suspect for Edmonton they will close it and move everyone down.

Calgary only has pairs in the back of the hall, and some scattered singles a sections closer.

Toronto has SOLD OUT of the following: GA, all $64 tix, $250 photo "VIP", $125 GA "VIP", $125 seats "VIP" and 4 packs. Best I could pull are side balconies row 9 that are almost $59 each and balcony corners row 6 and a cheaper price.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby timmyc83 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 am

timmyc83
wet blanket

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Philadelphia and NYC are 2 of the longest shows they've ever played, getting close to 100 minutes and 18 songs. Toronto 2010 in the Amphitheater is probably next on the list at 16 songs, though other 2012 and 2006 shows hit 16 songs.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

PreviousNext

Return to Live Flesh