[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Heritage Classic (20.02.10 Calgary)

Heritage Classic (20.02.10 Calgary)

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Heritage Classic (20.02.10 Calgary)

Postby Scream » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:04 pm

I was able to catch the end of "Help I'm Alive" and the rest of their performance ("Stadium Love"). Boy, they must have been fr-fr-freez-zing! But, regardless, they seemed to get people jumping, and I'm sure the crowd enjoyed the performance. Emily's vocals seemed a bit stale, I'll admit, but I didn't expect any Christmas miracles. In light of the weather conditions, I think the band did a pretty good job. Some (more?) reverb and better mixing could have been nice. A lot of the kids seemed pretty into it - did anyone take advantage of those free tickets? I guess they needed some people on the crowd. These songs are getting old, but I think Metric's extremely fitting for something like this. If only it was indoors! Now that would be real stadium love, with a sonic blast to boot. You know what they say, the next stop is the Grey Cup. ;)
i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Re: Heritage Classic (20.02.10 Calgary)

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/VaE3vhIO ... dPbxVL7Ejz
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/VaE3vhIO ... _h6nwy-Bfn

Couple pro-photos from Calgary. There's a couple more. The first shot makes me think Emily raided Stevie Nicks's closet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaklow21/3426123401/
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Wyder » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm curious as to why they would go through all the effort of transporting and setting up Emily's keyboards as she didn't play them. She didn't have them for Letterman/Conan/Ferguson
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby EvanEtrics » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:46 pm

When did Emily change her name to Erika Goldring?
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:16 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:47 pm

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/VaE3vhIO ... E5j_0itUQl

Another good photo. Still haven't seen video beyond the pair of 30 second clips.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:49 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 pm

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=102416

Some NHL forum discussing the merits of Metric as a "halftime" act for 23 pages.

Any guesses on where the performance may be viewable online? Is there sport torrent sites?
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Scream » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 pm

i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Postby EvanEtrics » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:42 pm

EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby MetricGnome » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Big thank you.

Should still be an HD version kicking around somewhere. Looks like the band had one of their own crew members filming the whole thing in front of Emily's mic stand - a camera angle never shown on the broadcast.

The "Metric" crowd infront of the stage barely moves. There is one killer avatar when emily glares into the camera during SL.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby scribbleyguy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:23 am

Pretty good video of the Hockey gig. Can't imagine performing out in that rink wearing just a thin leather jacket and no gloves. wow. surreal in that respect. and frozen fans up in front row watching them.
scribbleyguy
empty

Return to Live Flesh