[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - 2010 tour dates

2010 tour dates

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: 2010 tour dates

Postby MetricGnome » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:48 pm

Metric were on the Salt Lake City show.

From Billboard:

Further proof that the 2010 summer concert season is taking a beating came late Thursday afternoon when the Nettwerk Music Group announced the cancellation of 10 upcoming Lilith concerts in North America.

The cancellations include previously scheduled concerts at Usana Amphitheater in Salt Lake City (July 12); Bell Centre in Montreal (July 23); Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion in Raleigh, N.C. (Aug. 4); Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Charlotte, N.C. (Aug. 6); Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, Fla. (Aug. 10); 1-800 Ask-Gary Amphitheatre in Tampa, Fla. (Aug. 11); Verizon Wireless Center Birmingham in Pelham, Ala. (Aug. 12); Austin, Texas (Aug. 14); the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in the Woodlands, Texas (Aug. 15); and Superpages.com Center in Dallas (Aug. 16).

Refunds for the canceled dates are available at points of purchase, according to the news release. Some of the artists who were set to appear at the canceled Lilith shows may appear on other dates. Further information can be found at Lilith.com.

"We are in the midst of one of the most challenging summer concert seasons with many tours being cancelled outright," Lilith co-founder Terry McBride said in a statement. "Everyone involved with the tour would like to apologize to the fans and artists scheduled to play in these markets, and express appreciation for all the support for the festival's return. Lilith remains the only tour of its kind, and we are confident that fans will be amazed by what each date has to offer."

Lilith organizers previously canceled concerts set for Phoenix and Nashville.

After more than a decade, the revamped Lilith tour launched June 27, with a lineup including Sugarland, Erykah Badu, Sheryl Crow, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Colbie Caillat and Sarah McLachlan. The trek is scheduled to conclude Aug. 8 at the Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood in Atlanta. Live Nation is producing the majority of the Lilith dates.

As previously reported, a number of other artists are experiencing canceled or postponed concert dates, including U2 (due to Bono's back surgery), Christina Aguilera, Lilith Fair, Limp Bizkit, the Eagles, Country Throwdown, Rihanna, Bamboozle and the Go-Go's. Rumblings of a tough year for touring began a couple of months ago, with predictions ranging from "mediocre" to "bloodbath." Two main culprits may be at fault in what is shaping up as possibly the worst summer for touring since the mid 1990s: ticket prices and traffic.

http://www.billboard.com/events/lilith- ... 2023.story
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby MetricGnome » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Clarkson walked off the tour. Atlanta is the 11th show ot get nuked.

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/arch ... 30527.aspx

Metric was apparently in heavy rotation as music of choice between acts at the Vancouver show yesterday.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby scribbleyguy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:03 am

As far as Lilith, maybe Mighty Sarah M would descend for a scaled down solo tour of NA, with Lilith guests popping in for a song. That way, she gets back into the touring routine, cuts ticket prices, and starts to get some positive buzz instead of blaming the recession.

Is it the recession? This summer sure is shaping up to be a bad one for live shows. Here on Canada's East Coast, no sign of *ahem* Metric at all, and the usual big outdoor rock festival in Moncton New Brunswick (sales of up to 80,000) is non-existent; The July 23 Black Crowes/Kid Rock show in Halifax Nova Scotia is cancelled; (however, July 24 Black Eyed Peas festival is still on) and the entire Simon and Garfunkel tour, including two mid-July dates scheduled in Halifax, has been postponed indefinitely.

Not much to spend my money on, so, okay, I won't spend it at all ...
I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

Postby MetricGnome » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 am

http://2010.osheaga.com/events/2010/08/01/

Osheaga schedule now up. Balanced very well with minimal conflicts. The 15 minute Sonic Youth/Metric overlap is a bit weird.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby scribbleyguy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Maybe they'll all play "This land is your land...this land is my land... from Bonavista, etccc"
I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

Postby Bort » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Anyone else going to the Brooklyn show on Thursday?
Bort
monster hospital

Postby nakuu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:47 am

nakuu
empty

Postby Bort » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Prospect park is a bullshit vip hellhole. Entire orchestra section of seats is blocked off for "friends of the park" so all the actual fans that waited in line all day get screwed out of a decent spot.
Bort
monster hospital

Postby simplethings » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:09 pm

simplethings
dr. blind

Postby Wyder » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Just added online: Metric at the Save on Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria BC...random. Cant' get tickets anywhere. They've also posted it as November 14, 2011.
Biggest venue they'll have played. 7500 person venue.
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby scribbleyguy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 am

Not much touring now, I see. What is the band doing, resting or recording. Anyone know?
I mean besides managing their fans, as the fans get busy remixing Fantasies for Metric, ha ha.
I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

Postby dwigt » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 am

D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby EvanEtrics » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:46 am

I've been listening to the MySpace bootleg of Joyride for three days straight, now.
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:09 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby karaelizabeth » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:26 pm

I ripped some of the songs/old versions off of Youtube a long time ago, so I have those. I hope they release Joyride and Standing In Line, though I've heard they're making a new album.
karaelizabeth
police/private

PreviousNext

Return to Live Flesh