[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Rock en Seine 2009 + Black Sessions 2009

Rock en Seine 2009 + Black Sessions 2009

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Rock en Seine 2009 + Black Sessions 2009

Postby Sophie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:18 am

Hi ! So I went to both shows and thought I'd do a review ! at first, sorry for the mistakes and mispellings, but I am SO tired haha.

Rock En Seine : They were the first band to play, at 2.30pm, but there was quite a lot of people (more than I expected!) and a lot were singing along !

The set was REALLY short (35minutes) so I was really disappointed ! but they were really energetic so it was nice anyway ! Emily did her speech about being dreamers etc before Gimme Sympathy, and her love speech before Stadium Love (plus the evil laugh). She also mentionned something about eating Metric for breakfast lol.
I took two really really short videos that I'll upload on youtube later, but I don't know how it will sound like because the sound was sometimes terrible !
A friend of mine took some pictures, you can download them here : http://rs740.rapidshare.com/files/27399 ... _SEINE.zip

and another member of tje forum took those : http://www.flickr.com/photos/41628763@N ... 073111553/
I wasn't aware of the signing tent ! but apparently people needed passes to go there so I couldn't have gone !

I ran into Josh during the set of THEM CROOKED VULTURES but as he was with a woman I didn't want to bother him !

Setlist :

Help I'm alive
Gold Guns Girls
Gimme Sympathy
Sick Muse
Dead Disco
Monster Hospital
Stadium Love

(frustrating, isn't it ?)

BLACK SESSIONS :

A guy from the radio told me to come at 3pm, and Dan, Metric's tour manager, confirmed it by text message.
So I was there at 3 with my guest, and they put us in the studio. The band's team was starting to install the instruments etc, and it was really long. I saw the guy I met in Brussels, whose name is in fact Trevor, and he recognized me, came to say hello etc. That was really nice. He really tried to entertain me and was always talking to me. Then, I heard some story about them dropping a kitty cat into water, but HOPEFULLY I haven't understood the whole story as they were talking while working, and I think it's better for me :lol:

Then, he let us come on stage and look at EVERYTHING, that was so nice, we were touching the instruments, seeing really everything from behind. then he gave me two setlist from different shows, and a sheet with a plan of the stage and how instruments must be placed etc. Then; he introduced me to the whole team, including another really nice guy, Samson (or is it Simpson haha, I'm not sure). They kept on bringing us water, etc, which was really nice. They did the soundcheck and then the band arrived, Joshua was filming their entrance, then he jumped. He said "hello" but was like : who the hell are they ? haha. Dan came to talk to me and told me there was a mistake, that we have to leave and come back at 10 for the show. So did we, but we waited in the corridor for like 10minutes.

Emily came out with Dan, and totally ignored us. Joules came out as well, said hi quickly, so did Josh. Then we heard some guitar noise, but an unplugged electric guitar. It was actually Jimmy playing guitar between the studio and the corridor. Then he came in the corridor, still playing guitar, and with his sunglasses on (in a building haha). He came back, said : 'you Sophie ! right ?', and he shaked my hand (though he never said hello to my friend :? ), and then Emily came back with Dan and was all : Hi Sophie ! how are you ! with a big smile. Like, really different from 10minutes ago.

Then we left and came back a 8pm, did the queue and when wanting to get our tickets, the hostess told us : you're not on the list ! uuuuuhhhh okayyy! so we had to wait, so I texted Dan about it, but my friend stole invitations from a desk and we were in ! haha.

We were sitting in the second row but the view was perfect, and so was the show, compared to Rock en seine ! It lasted for almost an hour, and even though Emily was really static (for the performance, I think), the guys were really energetic !

They played :

Twilight
Help
Satellite
Handshakes
Gold
Gimme
Sick
Dead Disco
Monster
Stadium
Live it out acoustic (but shorter, to stop at 11pm exactly lol).

Then we came out, I saw Dan again who apologized for the whole day, then we talked for a few minutes, my friend talked to Joules who said that it was like playing in a church so they had to play harder than usual.

Then the whole band came out, Jimmy came to say me goodbye and shaked my hand again (that was weird!!), Emily came to me and kissed me haha, saying "ciaoooo", well other stuff as well but that was really quick and then they left !

I didn't take any picture as they took my bag before the show, but some people did !

I'll upload everything when I have found some !
Sophie
police/private

Postby portsinger » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:11 am

portsinger
butcher

Postby Sophie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:12 am

Sophie
police/private

Re: Rock en Seine 2009 + Black Sessions 2009

Postby scnadams » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:53 am

scnadams
down

Re: Rock en Seine 2009 + Black Sessions 2009

Postby Sophie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:11 am

Sophie
police/private

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 am

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:19 am

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 am

thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby Sophie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:00 am

MetricGnome : Empty was on the setlist for Rock en Seine but they didn't play it. However, Poster of A girl didn't appear on any French setlist !

Megan : don't be jealous ! I'm sure that eventually you'll have the chance to live great moments with the band ! And think about the fact that you'll see them back soon, while I don't have any idea when they'll be back in France haha. :)
I think she was ignoring me because she really didn't want to talk to anyone, but I also think that before the show, when she said hi for the first time of the day, she did it because she had to haha.

Thebrilliantoutcome : aaawww happy birthday ! I haven't seen those posters during the festival though. And "Emily" scares me a little on it haha.
Sophie
police/private

Postby parkthatcar » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:09 am

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:13 am

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby jayb » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:36 pm

The Rock en Seine poster looks sort of like Scott Pilgrim.
get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Matt
succexy

Postby EvanEtrics » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:58 pm

I love that I can recognize when Help I'm Alive is being played by photos.

GAH
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Next

Return to Live Flesh