[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Los Angeles show @ The Wiltern

Los Angeles show @ The Wiltern

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Los Angeles show @ The Wiltern

Postby MacGuffin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:58 am

Close enough to touch Emily... and I did. :D

Awesome show; easily one of the best concerts I've been to. Emily Haines is so mesmerizing; unable to take my eyes off of her (hence the reason why she is the focus of most of my photos). She and the show were full of high energy. Incredible versions of Empty and Dead Disco.

MacGuffin
dr. blind

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:09 am

i was also there, stuck in a seat right beside Matt. I better have beat him home.

I could not have imagined a better version of Help I'm Alive, Twilight, Satellite Mind or Live it Out. I wish it was the HIA from the album. I don't know why I wrote off the acoustic version. I couldn't have imagined that it would be so tend. Her vocals were some of the best I've ever heard from her, after seeing her nine times. I understand why some said that Front Row kills the energy, but the new composition was interesting.

Also interesting that Empty was used for a breakdown opposed to dead disco. I liked it. The crowd was calmer/lamer than Oceanside, which had the same set except no Handshakes/Front Row/Live It Out, with LIO and SL switched. I got a picture of the official setlist on my phone.

I had to have seen the sold-out venue to believe it. The crowd would cheer when the synth went on, when Jimmy started playing, AND when Emily started singing. i did not enjoy that much.
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD3-Idie ... annel_page

great video. they have some other good videos too. amazing quality.

that looked like a REALLY good show. o.o

it's the cat from the sick muse video!

awwwwh.
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:06 am

Looked like a scorcher of a show. Plus Emily sings all the high parts of SM with full confidence that was slightly missing at the earlier radio show.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Matt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:14 am

It was impossible to get any decent pictures from where we were sitting..

I'll comment more on the show later. I've got to go to school now.

Edit: I just looked closer at the first picture onthesly-girl posted. Could it be that Emily is wearing panties?!?
Matt
succexy

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:20 am

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Bort » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:31 am

Amazing performance, as always. Only wish they played a longer set. 13 songs when you have four albums is not enough!

Bort
monster hospital

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 pm

These were my favorite of the night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO-u1ivbhDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHBRCIejPmE

Something about the vocals on Help are just crazy-good to me.
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby MacGuffin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:02 pm

MacGuffin
dr. blind

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:44 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Matt » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Matt
succexy

Postby MacGuffin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:37 pm