[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Metric in Brussels, May 8th, 2009

Metric in Brussels, May 8th, 2009

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Metric in Brussels, May 8th, 2009

Postby Sophie » Sat May 09, 2009 3:49 pm

So yesterday I left Paris to go to Brussels to enjoy the city and another Metric show aswell.
After a few issues (my youth hostel cancelled my reservation the day before ... nice !), me and my friend manage to find another hotel and then we are at the botanique. We wait a few minutes, and decide to go and have a beer (we were in Belgium, we had to!), and the band was eating in that room. I really wanted to say hi as I was lucky to get to see them in a festival but was too shy to disturb them.
Then, they went out to buy ice creams and I decided to go and talk to Emily. We talked for only like 1 minute because they were really in a hurry and wanted to go chill out, but she was nice.
Then, the show : the audience was less crazy than in Paris but at least I didn't get crushed that time ! I was in the front row and really enjoyed it, even though it was really short (55minutes...well, it's a festival). Jimmy recognized me during the show and was always smiling, that was nice.

Here's the setlist :
Twilight Galaxy
Help I'm Alive
Satellite Mind
Gimme Sympathy
Empty
Sick Muse
Dead Disco
Monster Hospital
Stadium Love

I think that the setlist is correct ...

Anyway, then we were still in the festival, and quick it was already midnight, but as our hotel was really close to the venue (50m) and we weren't tired, we decided to stay for a while. There was a kind of after party but it was really creepy haha. Then one of Metric's manager talked to us, he was so adorable and kind, and we had such a great time with him. I wish I knew his name, and I'm really looking forward to finding it, as I'd like to thank him. He told us to wait if we wanted to see the band.

Then, a bit before 2a.m, they arrived. I was surprised because Jimmy arrived almost behind me and hugged me haha, then Josh appeared and Emily. Joules arrived a minute later, and I talked with them for a few minutes, they were lovely, we took a picture and talked again but they soon had to leave ...

And then I went to bed, all tired but happy ! and today I visited the city and it was great aswell !

In a nutshell I had such a great time !

Here are my pictures (sorry, they suck, but I didn't want to use the flash !)

Sophie
police/private

Re: Metric in Brussels, May 8th, 2009

Postby parkthatcar » Sat May 09, 2009 4:04 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby Sophie » Sat May 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Sophie
police/private

Postby GERARDAMO » Sat May 09, 2009 4:32 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby Sophie » Sat May 09, 2009 4:53 pm