[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - May 4th 2009 ... PARIIIS

May 4th 2009 ... PARIIIS

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby scnadams » Mon May 04, 2009 6:25 pm

scnadams
down

Postby Sophie » Tue May 05, 2009 2:42 am

thank you ! :) that was great !

Me and my friend Michael (webmaster of Welovemetric.com) arrived early, around 2p.m because we really wanted to get to see the manager we're in touch with. She recognized us because we were preparing some handouts (?) with a metric picture and the link for the website/forum. She told us that they were really busy but that after soundcheck she'll give us a pass and we'll get to see them and interview them. It didn't happen, though. The band only arrived at 4.30p.m, they did the siundcheck until 7.30 so we had no time, as the doors opened at 8. (no first act, just Metric at 9!)

We were a bit disappointed but anyway, we were the very first ones so we had amazing spots in front row. We were just facing the pro-one, there were no fence so we were really close ! I wanted to be between Emily and Jimmy but there was a ampli at that place. Before the show, we gave away some hand outs and then the show started. They started with Twilight Galaxy, and I was a bit disappointed to see that the crowd wasn't really dancing, neither singing ! Though it changed during the most popular songs like Handshakes, Empty, Dead Disco, Monster Hospital and Live it Out. Those are the only old songs they played (hustle rose :cry: :cry: ), and they played all Fantasies, except for Blindness (again, :cry: :cry: ). Emily was wearing the dress she's wearing in the sick muse video clip, the glitters kept falling on the floor though !
they were really funny, and nice, and I was happy to see that when Emily was in front of the stage, nobody was trying to touch/grab her. She was just holding our hands etc.
Before Monster Hospital (encore), Emily went back on stage with a bottle of champagne , there was champagne all over the stage and then she gave the bottle (full !!) to the crowd. Unfortunately, when the crowd was dancing during the show, instead of crushing my head against the Pro-One, I used to make a move and fall a little on stage. But that time, I slipped in champagne and crushed on stage. That was a brilliant moment in my life :lol:

After the show we saw Jimmy and Joshua, talked to them and they were really nice !

Jimmy told me he was checking on our website yesterday and that he was really thankful, we took pictures, we talked about the limited edition, that I'm going to see them back in Brussels, etc etc etc !

Then, with Josh, it also was really funny! we talked about bang lime, the website (we gave him a handout during the show but he only saw the picture of the band and then told us : ooooh okay, now I get it! during the show I was like : what the hell ! I know those guys, and I'm on it ! are they insane? lol. Plus, my friend put a hand out in Emily's boot, we don't know if she's noticed it haha !)

Josh told me that in Brussels, he's gonna call the security to kick me out because it's not my country haha. Then we talked for a few other minutes, took pictures and said goodbye as they were with friends, we didn't want to disturb them anymore !

Joules and Emily we supposed to come as well but as it was already midnight, we left, cause we were so tired !

I took some pictures but they're really blurry as I had no right to use my flash :cry:

SET LIST :

Twilight Galaxy
Help I'm Alive
Satellite Mind
Handshakes
GGG
Collect Call
Gimme Sympathy
Sick Muse
Empty
Front Row
Dead Disco
Stadium Love
encore
Monster Hospital
Live it Out
Sophie
police/private

Postby Sophie » Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 am

Quotations of the night : "Metric isn't CNN" Emily, saying that artists should stop to "fucking blahblahh"
"We're all gonna die of rock'n'roll, baby!" josh, when I told him I slipped in champagne
Emily :"Nous sommes prêtes" (prêtes is for girls)
The crowd:"-it's "prêt "!
Jimmy : "WE'RE FUCKING PRETES, OKAY !!"

:lol:

Here are some good photos taken by Robert Gil :
http://www.photosconcerts.com/index.php ... 4-0038&s=1

others :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/redbookpro ... 630355801/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/le-hiboo/3 ... 617505213/ you can see how close we were, but don't mind my face, I look like craaap on it :lol: )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/octopuus/3501790313/ here again, you can see how close we were of the pro-one (and why we almost killed ourselves by hitting it with our heads !!) I'm the one with the head close to the pro-one, near a camera ...
Sophie
police/private

Postby StephenM UK » Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 am

StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby GERARDAMO » Tue May 05, 2009 12:03 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby Sophie » Tue May 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Sophie
police/private

Postby MetricGnome » Tue May 05, 2009 12:11 pm

MetricGnome