[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Metric UK Tour May 2009!!

Metric UK Tour May 2009!!

All about Metric shows, concert stories and other appearances

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby uxter » Wed May 20, 2009 5:23 am

Metric, mmmm divisible by 10, I'll get my knife!
uxter
wet blanket

Postby StephenM UK » Wed May 20, 2009 9:46 am

^I'm glad to hear you had a great time at the show uxter. I thought the merch was pretty poor too.

My review for last night is:

Emily, Emily, Emily - Who were you trying so hard to impress last night?

We got there at 8.45pm only to find that they actually had a support band which I thought was strange after not bothering for the rest of the tour.

What became clear was that this was going to be their largest number of people they would perform for in the UK. 900 souls were there to see Metric blow the roof off the place, but it didn't happen.

The set list was the same as before, but the actual songs seemed cautious and reserved, much like the Conan O'Brien performance from a few years back. She kept her military jacket on for the first 8 tracks as she high kicked and punched the air, but never allowing herself to really rock out.

Why this was also became obvious, the place was full of music industry types and more people wearing VIP/After Show Party ID's than I've seen at gigs 10 times the size. I had no issue with freebies and guest lists (obviously) but the last third of the audience really couldn't have cared less and were chatting with their friends and not getting into it until Dead Disco and Monster Hospital.

Emily was in a sneery mood, bad mouthing Bloc Party (who, let's remember, Metric supported over here last time round) and The Futureheads as well as The Barfly, a venue where they played 3 years ago. She seemed to forget that they had played Oxford only 48 hours before in front of 300 people so they're still no big shakes over here yet.

Front Row needs to be dropped from the set list because that song is a crowd killer and yet again people moaned about no Combat Baby.

She confirmed that they were playing Wireless (But I don't think they are) and Reading/Leeds so they be back soon. Emily returned to the stage swigging from a bottle of Veuve Clicquot like they had just headlined Wembley Stadium. But as my old teacher used to say 'Must do better'!!

I'd love to give you all the news from the after show party but the VIP pass from the album package still hasn't arrived
StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby SoulPhoenix » Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 am

SoulPhoenix
hustle rose

Postby StephenM UK » Wed May 20, 2009 11:37 am

StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby uxter » Wed May 27, 2009 6:00 am

Metric, mmmm divisible by 10, I'll get my knife!
uxter
wet blanket

Postby StephenM UK » Thu May 28, 2009 3:55 am

Exactly, I just found it a strange thing to do :?
StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby Catatonic » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Only just noticed Metric are playing a gig in Those of you lucky enough to live nearby could go and see them. I'm currently up the other end of the country so I can't unfortunately

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby StephenM UK » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 pm

StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby Catatonic » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:39 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby StephenM UK » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:54 pm

StephenM UK
stadium love

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 am