[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Eclipse

Eclipse

post your links to news, photos and other Metric goods

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Eclipse

Postby Krosney » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Thirded? Can I say that? The composition itself is kinda gorgeous...and the song is growing on me a bit, even if just because it's the most recent example of studio-recorded Emily for me to follow her voice through.

Ahh I almost want to see this movie in theaters just to hear the score over that huge sound system...but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it! But I do know my love for Metric overpowers my distain for Twilight, so you never know.
We are all missing something I don't got.
Krosney
white gold

Postby Mitholas » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:29 am

Yeah, it makes so much more sense now. The way it starts was a bit odd in the version with just the song, but now it flows beautifully from the orchestral piece into the actual song. I like it. I might go see it just to have a context for this.
Mitholas
fanfare

Postby onthesly-girl » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:13 am

Oh Alex.

If you lived remotely anywhere near me, I'd drag you to see it, and then you could just use the excuse that your crazy Twilight friend made you. ;)

I don't even have to bug Dustin about going this year... he already said he wants to see it. HA! The conversion can happen people.

I'm pretty irked that I'm not seeing it today. however I'm seeing this movie is broken so the scale evens out :P
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby EvanEtrics » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:26 am

The orchestrated 'version' of this song is FANTASTIC. It blends surprisingly well with Metric's bit.
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby bluelight » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:24 am

Now I have to go see Eclipse...
bluelight
butcher

Postby karaelizabeth » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:01 pm

All Yours is growing on me. It kind of reminds me of early Fantasies, before all the changes.
I'm just gonna say, I already planned to see Eclipse because I was indeed in love with Twilight, and Eclipse was my favorite book of the 4.
karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby al » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 am

Watch the video of Eclipse (All Yours): http://spin.com/articles/watch-metrics- ... ipse-video
metrique
al
standing in line

Postby jayb » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:37 pm

I can't believe how much this song has grown on me.
get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby Farmer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:42 am

Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:27 am

I saw Eclipse last night. It was good and the ending made my heart pound so fast :lol:
karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby bluelight » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuL7KoJW ... re=related

Is it just me does Emily sound different here? Like the way she speaks...
bluelight
butcher

Postby jayb » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:27 pm

get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby Farmer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:00 am

So this means that Meyer was the one who named the song? That explains why it doesn't sound like a metric-y title.
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby GERARDAMO » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:06 am

See? All the writing Ms. Meyer touches turns into shit!
GERARDAMO

Postby Mojo » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Yes, All Yours has grown on me too. I like Emily's voice in it...but when don't I like Emily's voice!?
Mojo
rock me now

PreviousNext

Return to News, Links & Photos