[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Fantasies - Press/Blog Reviews

Fantasies - Press/Blog Reviews

post your links to news, photos and other Metric goods

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby Mojo » Mon May 18, 2009 8:58 am

Mojo
rock me now

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Mon May 18, 2009 12:08 pm

If you're referring to my comments, I was focusing on the content of the sound, but I wanted to discuss lyrics as well but I didn't know how to initiate it.

But I feel the same way about that, as well. I wouldn't say the lyrics are particularly bad, and there are still some awesome lines, so why should bands be expected to deliver constant poetic wisdom. A lot of indie artists seem to be moving towards a more simplified lyrical format, maybe to soften the focus on the words to create a more balanced package overall. maybe because big thoughts get old. Or I'm talking out of my ass some more.
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby isentaur » Mon May 18, 2009 8:00 pm

art | fiction - www.adunai.com
isentaur
dr. blind

Postby MacGuffin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Metric learns how to stop fighting, explore its 'Fantasies'
Source: Los Angeles Times

After spending the better part of the decade touring and building a following on independent releases, Metric was finally in the position it had sought to be in for much of its career. Yet being courted by major labels didn’t provide the Toronto-headquartered rock quartet any validation. It served as a wake-up call.

Metric took nearly five years between the release of 2005’s “Live It Outâ€
MacGuffin
dr. blind

Postby In Your World » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Hello there !
I just wanted to say that on my new website about Metric (after, the french fansite, the new one is ) I wrote an article especially on interviews of Metric about the promotion of Fantasies.

Here you can find the article :

I am sure that I forget some interviews so if you have some other don't hesitate to tell me to complete the post :)
And maybe I found some that you didn't know ...
: French fansite !
: Welovemetric in English !
In Your World
wet blanket

Postby the_borderline » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Emily Haines interview on the Decider (part of the Onion's AV Club):

http://losangeles.decider.com/articles/ ... ric,28822/

But it’s pretty funny trying to see someone try to turn me into some kind of female commodity. I’m totally game. It’s just that it doesn’t work.
the_borderline
down

Postby Wyder » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:30 pm

it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby MetricGnome » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 am

http://www.kelowna.com/2009/11/03/metri ... of-sounds/

You know it's a small time reporter in a small city when when the female entertainment reporter leaves her phone number at the end of the review.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby parkthatcar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:35 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby Wyder » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Wyder
police/private

Postby TerraTempus25 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 am

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:10 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby onthesly-girl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:16 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby MetricGnome » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:28 pm

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Wyder » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 am

I remember it was right before Monster Hospital because Emily said "I hope he's in bed for this next one!" and then went right into the "BAM CHICKA BAM CHICKA BOOM BOOM BOOM"
Wyder
police/private

PreviousNext

Return to News, Links & Photos