[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - European store: poor vinyl packaging

European store: poor vinyl packaging

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

European store: poor vinyl packaging

Postby Mitholas » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:54 am

I received my 2 LP vinyl edition of Synthetica today. The vinyl was packaged in a cardboard box only and as a result the cover is bent in several places. You know, the kind of bent that leaves creases in the cardboard. Considering that you pay 10 euros for shipping, I'd hoped they would at least package it in something a little more secure (like with bubble wrap, or with extra cardboard pieces to minimize impacts in shipping.)

I have to say I'm quite disappointed. Not sure what to do now, because I hardly feel like paying to ship it back and possibly paying new shipping fees as well. Does anyone here have any experience with their customer service?
Last edited by Mitholas on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitholas
fanfare

Re: European store: poor vinyl packaging

Postby jyw104 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 am

If I remember correctly, they're made in the Czech Republic, but being sent out regionally (UK purchases are being sent out from Shropshire).

Might be worth to raise a hackle if more of us get the same problem. I'm expecting to receive mine soon-ish.
[b]derp[/b]
jyw104
standing in line

Postby Mitholas » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 am

Mitholas
fanfare

Postby TerraTempus25 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Totally unrelated to Europe, but I ordered the Fantasies digipak from them and had a similar issue. Remember those postcards featuring the street art from Buenos Aires on them? There was a massive rip in one of mine, since the order came in a thin, square cardboard box which had been punctured. I was not pleased.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:59 pm

From MMI --

Hey Everyone - We are now aware that there have been some issues regarding the Synthetica vinyl. We are looking into this with the people that handle this stuff for METRIC and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please send an e-mail to raj@crystalmath.net with your contact info and let us know where you ordered your vinyl from, and we will get this all figured out for you. Thanks.
GERARDAMO

Postby Catatonic » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby Mitholas » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Mitholas
fanfare

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:17 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby Mitholas » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:07 am

I'm very impressed that they jumped on this so quickly. Very reassuring. I just sent an email.
Mitholas
fanfare

Postby Mitholas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:00 am

Looks like I'm getting a replacement with "beefed up packaging". Thanks MMI! Hopefully my package was the only one with a problem.
Mitholas
fanfare

Postby Catatonic » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:18 am

Who on here has received a copy of their vinyl that has been dispatched from the UK warehouse, because they've just told me they haven't received any yet at the warehouse to have them sent out?

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby jyw104 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Got an interesting email from Topspin re my album order, and extended their sincerest apologies that owing to some SNAFUS, my order has still not arrived. And to boot, no more stock in Europe apparently...

So they're sending one over from Montreal and I get a refund to boot. Sorted :)
[b]derp[/b]
jyw104
standing in line

Postby Mitholas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:30 pm

I received my replacement copy today. It was double cardboard-enveloped AND bubblewrapped, so I'm happy to say it arrived in perfect condition. Very, very satisfied! I really do love this album.
Mitholas
fanfare

Postby Catatonic » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby Scream » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm happy to see these cases resolved! I'm in Montreal so my vinyl didn't have to travel far, and it's in great condition. :)
I show it off to friends.
i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Return to Main Board