[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Synthetica Thoughts and Spoilers

Synthetica Thoughts and Spoilers

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Synthetica Thoughts and Spoilers

Postby onthesly-girl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:45 pm

that's really nice torq and i'ma let you finish but any metric album pre-fantasies was the best metric album kthnx
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby parkthatcar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:05 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Shut up you guys, Torq has spoken. I like this album ten times better already.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Aren't they going to be announcing their album any week now? What was the finish/announcement-gap with The Five Ghosts, does anyone know?
johnonymous
empty

Postby scnadams » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Pitchfork predictions were pretty spot-on, Synthetica earned Metric a 7.0. A fair rating, in my opinion. http://www.pitchfork.com/reviews/albums ... ynthetica/
scnadams
down

Postby parkthatcar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby scnadams » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:40 pm

Are you writing for The Lamb now, Dustin? If so I'd love to read some of your reviews.

Also re: pitchfork, what the hell is "faux-girlish" supposed to mean, in and out of that context?
scnadams
down

Postby parkthatcar » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:55 am

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby johnonymous » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:05 am

I found that entire piece comparing it to Grimes to be completely unnecessary. Otherwise I suppose it's a fair review, except I feel like I just read a review for some 7.5 or 7.6 than simply a 7.0
johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Oh man oh man oh man, I didn't know there were horns on Speed The Collapse (Really, I still can't hear them.)

BUT I DIDN'T KNOW EVAN CRANLEY AND CHRIS SELIGMAN RECORDED THEM.
GERARDAMO

Postby TerraTempus25 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Why does the intro to Nothing But Time remind me of Kingdom Hearts so much? How odd.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby GERARDAMO » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:26 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby Zac » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 pm

You're all losing loveeee.
Zac
wet blanket

Postby jerb » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:24 pm

The insert artwork (NOT the stupid flipped lyrics shit) makes me appreciate the album more. And the better quality, of course.
jerb
monster hospital

Postby Scream » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:50 pm

O.K. "Lost Kitten" has found its way into the favourite pile. Holy shit, what a song! I predicted 7.2 for Pitchfork, so like many of you, I was pretty close to being spot-on. I don't really know what that whole Grimes comparison was all about. I don't really listen to the lyrics in Grimes music--first of all, I can't understand all of them, and secondly, Grimes herself said in an interview that the lyrics are personal and not always meant to be clear. Otherwise, pretty typical Pitchfork. Glad it beat the Fantasies review, but I still think the record could/will score higher with different critics.
i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

PreviousNext

Return to Main Board