Mtrc Rndm Thts III

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Mtrc Rndm Thts III

Postby Catatonic » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:46 am

al wrote:
Thanks A LOT!

But: you said the original video is FLV. Some FLV files are actually MP4 streams embedded on FLV containers. I know a trick to extract the original stream without re-encoding. If it was ripped from Youtube then that FLV file is 100% a MP4 file undercover.

I hope you didn't delete the original FLV file. To extract the MP4 file follow these steps:
- Install VLC Player and run it.
- Go to Media -> Convert/Save. It will open a window. Click Add... to add the FLV file and then Convert/Save button.
- It will open another window. Click Browse... and select the destination folder and a new filename (add manually the .mp4 extension).
- Click the first button (with tools icon) near Video-H.264+AAC (MP4).
- It will open another window. At Video codec tab check Keep original video track and at Audio codec tab check Keep original audio track and click Save.
- Finally click Start button. Wait until the video is copied (until the word Streaming disappear from window title; this is important). Check the result (esp. the video to be in sync with audio).

That's it. You'll get a MP4 file without losing any quality. Please upload the result.

PS: if you don't want to extract the MP4 file, please upload also the original file. Xvid is weaker than MP4 AVC.

Yeah I already have VLC installed, I could see that the video format was MP4 when I opened it up in there to check the format and resolution etc but I wasn't aware there was a way of just changing the container. I followed your instructions but the exported video when you open it up is jumpy (constantly jumping backwards and forwards a few frames like some kind of trippy nightmare in quicktime - In VLC for some reason it doesn't jump as badly but it doesn't look right either), I don't know if that has something to do with the fact it was saved from a stream so there's no real defined beginning and end to the original video file
Catatonic
rock me now

Postby al » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:21 am

Catatonic wrote:
al wrote:
Thanks A LOT!

But: you said the original video is FLV. Some FLV files are actually MP4 streams embedded on FLV containers. I know a trick to extract the original stream without re-encoding. If it was ripped from Youtube then that FLV file is 100% a MP4 file undercover.

I hope you didn't delete the original FLV file. To extract the MP4 file follow these steps:
- Go to Media -> Convert/Save. It will open a window. Click Add... to add the FLV file and then Convert/Save button.
- It will open another window. Click Browse... and select the destination folder and a new filename (add manually the .mp4 extension).
- It will open another window. At Video codec tab check Keep original video track and at Audio codec tab check Keep original audio track and click Save.
- Finally click Start button. Wait until the video is copied (until the word Streaming disappear from window title; this is important). Check the result (esp. the video to be in sync with audio).

That's it. You'll get a MP4 file without losing any quality. Please upload the result.

PS: if you don't want to extract the MP4 file, please upload also the original file. Xvid is weaker than MP4 AVC.

Yeah I already have VLC installed, I could see that the video format was MP4 when I opened it up in there to check the format and resolution etc but I wasn't aware there was a way of just changing the container. I followed your instructions but the exported video when you open it up is jumpy (constantly jumping backwards and forwards a few frames like some kind of trippy nightmare in quicktime - In VLC for some reason it doesn't jump as badly but it doesn't look right either), I don't know if that has something to do with the fact it was saved from a stream so there's no real defined beginning and end to the original video file

Please send to me the original FLV file (PM). I will fix it.
metrique
al
standing in line

Postby Farmer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Metric wrote a Yo Gabba Gabba song called "Everybody Has a Talent".
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Farmer wrote:Metric wrote a Yo Gabba Gabba song called "Everybody Has a Talent".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDG0c3saE4I
Hope it's better than Chromeo's Gabba song.
MetricGnome
satellite mind

Postby Catatonic » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:20 am

MetricGnome wrote:
Farmer wrote:Metric wrote a Yo Gabba Gabba song called "Everybody Has a Talent".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDG0c3saE4I
Hope it's better than Chromeo's Gabba song.

It's a kids show, I don't know exactly what you're expecting from it... it's just a laugh isn't it

When Ladytron added a video of them doing their song on Yo Gabba Gabba to Youtube they said they didn't write it, so I don't know how much input the bands actually have in the writing process.
Catatonic
rock me now

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:35 am

I was being cheeky. The Gabba mascots were running around Coachella 2010 so I've had some run ins with them. They jumped onstage during some acts and gatecrashed the DEVO autograph signing.

Chromeo told a funny story where they added that song to their live and said to themselves after the second outing "what the he'll in this doing in our setlist".

This would be their seconds kids show appearance. Any Pancake Mountain clips still kicking around?
MetricGnome
satellite mind

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:40 am

http://www.pancakemountain.com/forthepress/metric.htm

Some 2006 photos. DVDs are still for sale. Episode 4.
MetricGnome
satellite mind

Postby Scream » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 pm

al wrote:
Catatonic wrote:
Catatonic wrote:Metric Live from Radio City Music Hall, NYC - 23rd September 2012

>>> Concert Video (just under 1gb in size - Xvid format) <<<

>>> Concert Audio (117mb - mp3) <<<

Tracklisting:
01 [Intro]
02 Artificial Nocturne
03 Youth Without Youth
04 Speed The Collapse
05 Dreams So Real
06 Empty
07 Help I'm Alive
08 Synthetica
09 Clone
10 Breathing Underwater
11 Sick Muse
12 Dead Disco
13 Stadium Love
14 [Encore Break]
15 Black Sheep
16 Monster Hospital
17 [Emily introduces Lou Reed]
18 The Wanderlust
19 Pale Blue Eyes
20 Gold Guns Girls
21 Gimme Sympathy (acoustic)
22 [Outro]

For people that care: The video of the concert was ripped from the web stream and converted from FLV format to something more useful, I tried to keep the quality equal, and encoded the video at the same resolution as the original. The audio version was ripped directly from the FLV and converted to mp3.

Thanks A LOT!

Fantastic. Thanks for posting this! I'm running it using VLC on my Mac since QuickTime was giving me trouble.
i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Postby Scream » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:41 pm

al wrote:
Catatonic wrote:
Catatonic wrote:Metric Live from Radio City Music Hall, NYC - 23rd September 2012

>>> Concert Video (just under 1gb in size - Xvid format) <<<

>>> Concert Audio (117mb - mp3) <<<

Tracklisting:
01 [Intro]
02 Artificial Nocturne
03 Youth Without Youth
04 Speed The Collapse
05 Dreams So Real
06 Empty
07 Help I'm Alive
08 Synthetica
09 Clone
10 Breathing Underwater
11 Sick Muse
12 Dead Disco
13 Stadium Love
14 [Encore Break]
15 Black Sheep
16 Monster Hospital
17 [Emily introduces Lou Reed]
18 The Wanderlust
19 Pale Blue Eyes
20 Gold Guns Girls
21 Gimme Sympathy (acoustic)
22 [Outro]

For people that care: The video of the concert was ripped from the web stream and converted from FLV format to something more useful, I tried to keep the quality equal, and encoded the video at the same resolution as the original. The audio version was ripped directly from the FLV and converted to mp3.

Thanks A LOT!

Fantastic. Thanks for posting this! I'm running it using VLC on my Mac since QuickTime was giving me trouble.
i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Postby masatom » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Wait, another live stream concert? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYIm7chouPM
masatom
monster hospital

Postby MetricGnome » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSiS5pIxFLM
Band only version of Wanderlust from Philadelphia. 18:40-19:55

It got dropped in Florida 9-27 so this may be an one-off version.
MetricGnome
satellite mind

Postby Catatonic » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 am

masatom wrote:Wait, another live stream concert? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYIm7chouPM

It looks like it's going to only be broadcast on AXS TV, which is apparently available in the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean... So looks like I won't be able to record it unless I'm lucky enough to find a stream of the channel somewhere and work out how to record it, which seems unlikely.

I'm relying on someone else being subscribed to it and recording it... anyone?

http://www.axs.tv/schedules/?ads=5

LIVE! Thu, Oct 4th 11:15 PM

Metric: Synthetica Live from the Ogden Theatre
As atmospheric as they are eclectic, the sound of Metric encompasses everything from synth-pop, new wave, dance, electronica and rock. Innovative, modern and supremely talented, the Canadian four-piece brings their dynamic and seductive energy to the Ogden Theatre in Denver, Colo.
Catatonic
rock me now

Postby al » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Now watching the concert uploaded by Catatonic. Empty is fucking amazing! :)

PS: I'll try later to fix the FLV file. It seems the problem could be the width of 854 pixels which is not divisible with 16 or at least 8 (it should be at least 856; this is the way the video codecs work best). That could generate the "jumpy" effect that Catatonic mentioned before.
metrique
al
standing in line

Postby al » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:54 am

Quick question: anyone knows what is the second keyboard of Emily (near Pro One)?
metrique
al
standing in line

Postby Wyder » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:10 pm

It WAS an E-MU PK-6 Proteus Keys, replaced this year with a Nord Wave.
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

PreviousNext

Return to Main Board