[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Fantasies remix contest at Indaba

Fantasies remix contest at Indaba

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Fantasies remix contest at Indaba

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:35 pm

I HATE TO TELL YOU THIS BUT YOUR VIDEO LINK ISN'T WORKING :(
GERARDAMO

Postby MetricGnome » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:59 am

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby JM » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:14 am

Sorry Staycee, the link doesn't work for me either. And I sympathize with your problems with the Indaba site; I had to switch browsers periodically whenever it became stuck.

I agree, MetricGnome. From what I've heard so far, the standard of the entries to this remix comp are probably higher than any I've entered before, and there are far, far too many to make listening to them all a possibility (I only hope the judges don't share that sentiment!). But at least by posting here you can be heard by fellow Metric fans.

With that in mind, here's my remix of ><. I'm quite proud of this one TBH. It's indie pop with a touch of Hawaiian surf about it. There are guitars, bongos, marimba, glockenspiel, vibraphones, shakers, etc. Hope you all like it, and thanks for listening :)
JM
wet blanket

Postby GERARDAMO » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Oooh, this remix is really good. It reminds me of Up In Flames.
GERARDAMO

Postby EvanEtrics » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:03 pm

EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby JM » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 am

Thanks!

I did seven, but a few were a bit rushed to get them done by the deadline, so I'll probably return to them and polish them up a bit before uploading them here. But if you'd like to hear these versions anyway, you can hear them on . My is one of the ones I'm quite pleased with - I'm planning to cobble together a video for it with old Western movie clips if I have time. And my indie rock mix of is perhaps not too bad either, IMHO.
JM
wet blanket

Postby JM » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Here's the Western-style video for Gold Guns Girls:
JM
wet blanket

Postby Scream » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:19 pm

i fought the war, i fought the war, but the war won't stop for the love of god
Scream
standing in line

Postby EvanEtrics » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:45 pm

The winning Help I'm Alive remix is actually fucking awesome.

http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/32789
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm actually really into that remix. (Is hoping that at least ONE song had the obvious dance floor hit as a winner.)
GERARDAMO

Postby GERARDAMO » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:52 pm

http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/sick-muse

Sick Muse winner was announced. I'm surprised Metric didn't really write anything about this one. I'm having a little more trouble getting into this one because some of the vocals don't seem to line-up with the rhythms, and my attempts at dancing along always end up interrupted.
GERARDAMO

Postby MetricGnome » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:17 pm

What's funny about these contests is that some VERY well known artists and producers submit their efforts incognito(some without their own labels/publishers knowledge) to see how they judged without any baggage. I remember a 1998 Bowie contest where he uploaded a song with a missing 2nd verse which you had to submit - Scott Weiland and several members of Cure amongst others lost to some 19 year old. who got his verse on HOURS album.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby Farmer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Well Gerard it looks like you got your obvious dance floor hit as the winner for Twilight Galaxy. :D
I like it except for the speak and spell robot voice.
http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunitie ... ght-galaxy
Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby GERARDAMO » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Ah, I remember they plugged this one a while ago. It's quite nice. Also this still isn't the dance-y remix I was hoping for. Needs more 4 on the floor. I'm hoping Collect Call will get a super club-thumping kind of winning remix :P
GERARDAMO

Postby GERARDAMO » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Collect Call remix announced: http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/collect-call

BOO THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED AT ALL.
GERARDAMO

PreviousNext

Return to Main Board