[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - MTRC RNDM THTS II

MTRC RNDM THTS II

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: MTRC RNDM THTS II

Postby karaelizabeth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 pm

I must agree with the reaction gifs to this song... :oops:
karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby Farmer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby parkthatcar » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:53 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:00 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby Farmer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby onthesly-girl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:12 am

whoa. look at metric getting all fancy with special weird online things for synthetica.
if you go to the site now you can drag some completely unreadable lyrics on to the empty page that will eventually make a video pop up of static-y noises

(anyone who can read those lyrics mind writing them here?)
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby jyw104 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 am

If that's Emily's handwriting, curse her for not going to handwriting classes! ;)

"Hangman ? played rubber soul with a razor blade,
Behind the church, hiding place, ? a long joke till the punch-line came.
Can you read my mind? Read my mind, follow along to the end of the song"
Last edited by jyw104 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]derp[/b]
jyw104
standing in line

Postby johnonymous » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 am

Oh god, this is really fucking neat. Those little vignettes for Metals and the making of videos for The Five Ghosts don't have shit on this stuff.

"Hangman we played rubbers and with a razor blade
Behind the church, hiding place, morn' a long joke till (should be 'til...)
The punch-line came, can you read my mind? Read any word
Follow along to the end of the song."

I can't tell if these are good lyrics or not, I can barely make it out. I guess doctors aren't the only ones required to have bad handwriting.
johnonymous
empty

Postby jyw104 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:48 am

OK, who's an expert in graphology in these forums?!
[b]derp[/b]
jyw104
standing in line

Postby scnadams » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Hangman we played rubber soul with a razor blade
Behind the church, hiding place, it was a long joke till
The punch line came. Can you read my mind? Read my mind
Follow along to the end of the song

Hangman we played double dutch with a hand grenade
Behind the church, hiding place. Apathetic to the devil's
Face. Wear the sheriff's badge put your toys away
They let us go saying ??????????????? Let us play! (pray?)

Hangman we played hide and seek on the fire escape
Through the smoke we saw the flame it was a long
Wait til the firetruck came on the count of three
??????????????? on the count of three
1... 2... 1... 2... 3... Go!!!!

Hangman we played blind man's bluff with the
9th brigade throw the brick through the windowpane
Double dutch til they stop the game, till the cops
Show up ?????????????? let us go before
??????? Hangman we played blind man's
Bluff til they stopped the game Youth without
Youth born without time (?) Youth without
Youth, can you read my mind?

idk I can't make out anymore
scnadams
down

Postby jyw104 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Nice one scn - a better reader of handwriting than I! :P
[b]derp[/b]
jyw104
standing in line

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Whoa, these are fun teasers. Good on whoever Metric hired to do their website for this album. Definitely building hype now.

Also, those lyrics are definitely better than anything on Fantasies. I'm definitely most excited to hear the lyrical content of this album. I almost forgot how great Emily was as a lyricist.
GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Didn't What Is Free To A Good Home come after Fantasies, though? :) Something about how cheesy the Fantasies lyrics are or maybe the way they projected them makes me love listening to it, I didn't find it bad by any stretch of the imagination. But I think we can all agree here that even based on these samples, Fantasies was kind of their stinkball.
johnonymous
empty

Postby GERARDAMO » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:48 pm

GERARDAMO

Postby johnonymous » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Really? I have it tagged as 2010, shame on me. :x Needless to say, Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton is pure evidence that she's a master at songwriting.

But in regards to this song, you'd think a Metric song about hangman would be off-putting, but it looks good for now.
Edit: by the way, with the video unlocked from the lyrics for YWY, it says "Metric 012" so is it safe to assume that Reflection #012 is it?
johnonymous
empty

PreviousNext

Return to Main Board