[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - 2010 Juno Awards

2010 Juno Awards

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: 2010 Juno Awards

Postby Catatonic » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Catatonic
rock me now

Postby parkthatcar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby Wyder » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:24 pm

I thought their Juno performance was awful. I heard two screw-ups (NEVER have heard that before), Emily looked nervous beyond belief, and choosing a song that she couldn't leave the keyboard was a bad choice. It made it boring. I actually turned it off.
it tears me up to get stuck at the gates
Wyder
police/private

Postby dwigt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Anyone have a link to view it? I did a quick YouTube search but didn't find it.
D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby EvanEtrics » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:25 am

EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby dwigt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks! That didn't show up for me... weird.
D-W-I-G-H-T.
dwigt
hardwire

Postby Farmer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Orange juice is a bludgeoners drank.
Farmer
ending start

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:04 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:17 pm

That wasn't really as impressive as I expected. Oh well.
TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby Sophie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:33 am

wow, they look so awkward ! when they accepted the award for Group of The Year Emily was doing these turtle moves with her head all the time it was really annoying haha.

as for the live performance, she really seems to feel uncomfortable ! that's strange considering it's not their first TV appearance !
Sophie
police/private

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Just watched as I was in California since thursday.

CTV.ca has it as well as the acceptance speach. Glad to see them do well on Juno weekend.

Let's just say I don't think Emily has got comfortable doing TV yet. The couple MUCH, DALY and ZED performances were good as weel as acoustic stuff, but LETERMAN/CONAN/FERGUSON each have flaws that may have been a detriment. Not sure if it's the lights/cameras or the knowledge it's going out to a million+ homes. I will add that some of what they do during concerts translate on TV and some don't. Other performer that do tons of TV stuff camcorder themselves during rehearsals to get everything airtight whereas Metric may just have a beer backstage a see what happens.

Was this aired in HiDef widescreen?
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby jennatles » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Was Em drunk or nervous? 'Cause she sure tried to talk over Jimmy! They even shut off her mic! Haha.
jennatles
standing in line

Postby karaelizabeth » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:51 pm

karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby karaelizabeth » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:22 pm

I had to :lol:
karaelizabeth
police/private