[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Metric on IMVU

Metric on IMVU

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Metric on IMVU

Postby EvanEtrics » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Answers to some of the more significant questions posted in the IMVU fan interview. Jimmy was not present because he wasn't feeling well.

Josh on "Lost Kittens" & "Diamonds": SECRETS!!!

Emily on why they decided to start playing Blindness:

"Blindness is one of my favorite songs on Fantasies,
it balances out the enthusiasm of Stadium Love."

Emily on collaborating with Broken Social Scene: "totally! magic in the works!"

Josh on the God that should be prayed to so Jay can drive to Dallas:
"God of Chrysler"

Emily on Gerard's sheet music:

"no i don't, but that's amazing that you've been inspired to put his words to
music!"

Josh on Scott Pilgrim vs the World:

"just the song"

Emily on Blindness and whether or not it was related to the 2008 movie:

"hahah i think most people would think of it as a Julianne Moore film more than a Joris
Jarsky film! It was a weird co incidence where we were working on the song at our studio at
the same time as they were filming the movie in toronto. I met the director Fernando and
got a chance to hang out with gael & mark... it was a cool correlation of time& space."

Emily on the release of the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack and Black Sheep:

"no exact dates yet but sometime in 2010"

Emily on things to read:

"yes! Dave Hickey's "Air Guitar" is an amazing collection of essays about music, and
"Mansion on the Hill" is another good non-fiction book in the same vein."

Josh on where they were at the time of the chat:

"I like your imagination, but since we are existing virtually try 1 mile under the sea in
an octopuses garden.

...............................some honesty...............................................

toronto & new york"

Josh on who would play him in a movie about Metric:

"I pick tracy jordan to play me"

Emily on style:

"speaking for myself, i look for clothes that don't make me feel like a drone"

Josh on the music video for Stadium Love:

"The time line is completely open at this time, but i would be lying if i told you we
weren't working on it!!!!"

Joules on hangovers:

"If you ever find yourself with a regrettable hangover, just find solace in the fact that
its much worse having jet lag."

Emily on "I'm Still Alive":

"um, the song is called "help i'm alive" there Snoodler! it's hard to put inspiration in
words, there's a mini-documentary about the writing process at our website
www.ilovemetric.com that does a better job of explaining it than i can"

Josh on the electronic drum kit for Twilight Galaxy:

"I play a Roland SPD-S."

Josh on playing Blindness as a full band for the first time:

"It actually felt amazing, we had been waiting to play it live for some time. For me
personally I really enjoyed it the most because i got to watch and play with my best
friends."

Josh on his favourite album:

"ever is a hard one
but i will list one that i think kicks ass

Miles Davis - Miles Smiles"

Emily on an east coast tour of Canada:

"yes, 2010 for sure!"

Josh on Bang Lime and the JBR Footage:

"I'm sure joules and i will try to pull something off at some point
but for now metric is the action
we have so many exciting things going right now

not sure about the footage
but i will look into it for real"

Joules on being hooked an a particular artist:

"Recently I've been listening to Devandra Barnhart. I've also been listening to the Mills
Brothers... Good Stuff."

Emily on other future collabs:

"lots of things in the works but i don't want to spoil the surprise!"

Emily on Black Sheep:

"we like to do a lot of road testing & writing & revising so it is sometimes hard to
remember the very first versions...but i think black sheep ended up going to tape pretty
close to the way it started. it sounds awesome!"

Someone actually asked about the inspiration behind "I'm Still Alive". :shock: I also ignored the obligatory "Can you play _________ " questions.

Also, Josh doesn't remember making fun of me on MySpace! :lol:
EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby TerraTempus25 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:47 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby onthesly-girl » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:39 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:39 pm

thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Megan posted this in the Metric Photos thread.

Postby TerraTempus25 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby parkthatcar » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:49 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby scnadams » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:28 pm

scnadams
down

Postby jayb » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:31 pm

get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby Sophie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:42 am

Sophie
police/private

Postby scribbleyguy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:09 am

I, also, have been bad.
scribbleyguy
empty

Postby Scream » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Thanks for posting! Lovely. Can someone fill me in on this JBR stuff though (first, what does it stand for, heh? Were they on set for the film?).
Scream
standing in line

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:09 pm

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby MetricGnome » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:09 am

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Return to Main Board