[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Juno Award Nominations?

Juno Award Nominations?

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Juno Award Nominations?

Postby Natomicron » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 am

It's all, not one
I love everything
No sleep; I lose everything
Oh don't tell me again
I won't see you again
Natomicron
fanfare

Postby EvanEtrics » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:11 am

EvanEtrics
hustle rose

Postby omgsarah » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:30 am

omgsarah
fanfare

Postby GERARDAMO » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:32 am

GERARDAMO

Postby Farmer » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:08 pm

Farmer
ending start

Postby MetricGnome » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:19 pm

They were nominated in 2006.
MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby MyMuseIsSick » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:41 pm

MyMuseIsSick
monster hospital

Postby Scream » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:00 pm

I think they could win it for "Best Alternative Album" or one of the best albums awards this year!
Fantasies was a great display of - well, I don't even know what to call it! Metric. Indie. Some of it sounded pop-y, but that's just because indie's popular these days.
The album was a commercial success, and the album was really created with special care - a whole new turn for Metric...
Scream
standing in line

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:20 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby portsinger » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:10 pm

portsinger
butcher

Postby Mattie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Mattie
raw sugar

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm

onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby Mattie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Mattie
raw sugar

Postby Scream » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:53 pm

I get where you're coming from, but to the haters out there, please, be open to a paradigm shift. Fantasies is new to the Metric sound, each album has presented a new song. The band did this one on their own - they recorded it in their own studio, they did take after take, they all got involved, they went through some personal shit.

I'll admit that maybe it's not my favourite stuff - I mean some days I'm into Live It Out, and GUABA will ALWAYS be up there on my list. But I appreciate all of their music. Yeah, Fantasies is maybe more poppy, but that's what attracts a lot of the new listeners - they've got more of a fan base now - who end up listening to the older stuff as well and liking that. Everyone wins, including the classic indie rock.

For me, the new album was all about pretty deep lyrics (at least for the four of them, or Emily), synth harmonies that I did and inspire me whenever I turn on my synthesizers, and just solid sound - very well produced, imo.
Scream
standing in line

Postby onthesly-girl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:57 pm

If I was a hater, I wouldn't exactly be on this forum. :roll:

OKAY well just to clear this up: I think Fantasies is great. I was way exaggerating on calling it 'crappy', it's just way down on the scale for me compared to their other albums.

and for adding something to this thread...

i would looovelovelove it if Metric got nominated for any awards pertaining to Fantasies.
Last edited by onthesly-girl on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Next

Return to Main Board