[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Favourite version of Gimme Sympathy(AKA The Hooks)?

Favourite version of Gimme Sympathy(AKA The Hooks)?

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Postby parkthatcar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:34 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:52 pm

i decided to just upload my .zip file of all the legally sharable (?) versions I've collected.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nln0nq

is Lovely Feathers the tempo-ignoring band? and they do it so well.
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby GERARDAMO » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:13 pm

FINALLY heard the NPR version. Oh. My. Gaaaaaawd.

Metric needs to stop roadtesting songs and just release songs after they write them, as they're way better the first time they write them and not the 129052nd.
GERARDAMO

Postby jayb » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:33 pm

get you off every time
jayb
down

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:34 pm

thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby parkthatcar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 pm

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby colourmegrey » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:25 am

colourmegrey
standing in line

Postby MetricGnome » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 am

MetricGnome
help i'm alive

Postby jennatles » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:01 am

I really like the myspace version. I like the tempo of the verse. I enjoy the panties verse. Reminds me of Sneakpimps lyrics. :)
Also!
Who would you rather be
The Beatles or The Rolling Stones
Oh, seriously
You gotta make mistakes your own
Come on baby, play me something
Now that she's come undone

Who'd you rather be?
The Beatles or the Rolling Stones?
Oh, seriously
You're gonna make mistakes, you're young
Come on, baby, play me something
Like, "Here Comes the Sun"

Seems like an opt out on "your own", and to the beatles it is???
jennatles
standing in line

Postby thebrilliantoutcome » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:43 am

after cutting out the bridge and making Sympathy super-repetitive, it just added unnecessary pain when they made those two subtly different lines the same. I can't listen to the album version. I like my Coachella acoustic version, with She's come undone. And the birds.
thebrilliantoutcome
succexy

Postby parkthatcar » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:21 am

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby TerraTempus25 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:02 am

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby GERARDAMO » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:01 am

GERARDAMO

Postby jennatles » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:37 pm

jennatles