[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Did I mention it is the only song I can play on piano? :lol:

I am actually trying to learn Doctor Blind as well been at it for two weeks 15 minutes a day and I'm only about half way through.

You can? Nice also room for some Clarinet love.
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Do you play Clarinet? Haha, it's the only instrument I play. I really wish I played more instruments, though I do love my Clarry :)
karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Nope but I do love the instrument, the clarinet solo in I Belong To You by Muse is one of my favourite solos ever.
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby bluelight » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 pm

I take pride in my ability to play (piano) and sing The Police And The Private simultaneously... :D :D :D However I am a terrible singer.

I play the flute and the piano. God I'm such a Asian. Now all I need to learn is the violin...
bluelight
butcher

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:54 pm

karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Learn it! Violin needs more love in the modern world.
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby bluelight » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:56 pm

I want to learn the cello more, it seems like a fun instrument but probably a hassle to carry around.
bluelight
butcher

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Double Bass is more annoying, trust me I know someone who has one :P
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:58 pm

My friend plays it, and she was going to give me her old beginner book, but she couldn't find it :( I'm also not very good at teaching myself things, which is really sad cause when I was younger, if nobody taught me how to do something, I'd teach myself, and if someone said I couldn't do something, I'd do it to prove them wrong.
karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:01 pm

I can tell you that you can't do it if you think it will help?

*You can do it don't worry, you just need a push in the right direction*
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:12 pm

karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:19 pm

PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby bluelight » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:21 pm

bluelight
butcher

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:29 pm

karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby Anson » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Um... the radio. Lame, I know.
They were playing 'Dead Disco', and Emily was dropping her voice real low in the "la la la la la la" part.
It was so bizarre, and beautiful, and I thought, "that is soo coool that she does that". I liked her immediately.
That night when I got home, I looked up all the Metric tunes I could find, and every single one I listened to was awesome, one right after the other. I ended up staying up all night watching vids and listening to... pretty well every Metric song. It was an unprecedented moment for me. I've never made such an instant connection with a band, like I did with Metric.
Anyhoo... Hi, I'm Anson (A.K.A. - hell of a nice guy) and I'm stoked to be in the company of so many die hard fans, like me. :D
Anson
dr. blind

PreviousNext

Return to Main Board