[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Re: Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Postby bluelight » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Kathy and I'm new to the forums, after a couple weeks of lurking and FINALLY coming across the "ATTN LURKERS / NEW REGISTRATIONS" sticky.

I went shopping one day at American Eagle (didn't buy anything though) and they were playing Gimme Sympathy's music video in the back. I remembered a line, found it on Google. If that didn't happen...I might not be here now :lol: I wasn't a big fan of Metric then, just liked a few of their songs and browsed through a few on youtube. Never got to downloading anything except for Gimme Sympathy.

The real obsession started after I heard Gold Guns Girls near a construction site one day when some dudes were blasting it from their radio. I remembered that it was by Metric and started actually listening to more of their music, and I don't think I've touched a pop song from then on. :D I also got tickets to see them in Toronto, hooray!

Did similar things happen to any of you? Not being able to listen to anything but Metric for extended periods of time?
bluelight
butcher

Postby 102190 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:39 pm

My name is Steph and I am also new to the forums. I basically discovered Metric through figuring out the BSS family tree last summer, and getting into all of the bands related to it.
wet blanket

Postby loonylikealovegood » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:49 pm

My dad.
He put Monster Hospital, Dead Disco, and Succexy on my old iPod in 2006 and for some reason I was really drawn to Monster Hospital... I dunno... my fave bands at the time were The Killers and The YYYs and my dad said I should be listening to more Canadian music 'cause his fave band is BSS.
And I've effing loved Metric since!!!
loonylikealovegood
dr. blind

Postby parkthatcar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 am

parkthatcar
soft rock star

Postby TerraTempus25 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:15 am

TerraTempus25
satellite mind

Postby loonylikealovegood » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:34 am

loonylikealovegood
dr. blind

Postby PlasticMuscles » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:52 pm

PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby onthesly-girl » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:38 am

Wait til you end up listening to rairites, like the Mainstream EP or Emily's Cut In Half And Also Double, or especially her solo albums. (Most of the songs can be found on youtube I think, maybe not all of CIHAAD.)
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:33 am

PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby onthesly-girl » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:52 am

Nah I get that. I love Mainstream EP so darn much.

Into Emily's solo stuff at all though ? ;D That's the most brilliant of allll Metric related things. Well, in my opinion... =P
onthesly-girl
lost kitten

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:58 pm

karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I do love Emilys solo stuff as well, Doctor Blind and The Bank are probably my favourites.
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:09 pm

On Knives, I really liked Our Hell first, but I do like Doctor Blind, Reading In Bed and The Last Page a lot. The Bank is my favorite off of WIFTAGH.
karaelizabeth
police/private

Postby PlasticMuscles » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Our Hell was the first song I learnt on Piano.
PlasticMuscles
raw sugar

Postby karaelizabeth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm jealous of all your Piano skills. I can play Reading In Bed on Clarinet... :D
karaelizabeth
police/private

PreviousNext

Return to Main Board